• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bunk Bed transom alignment

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
guys and gals with 190/195, how close are your bunks to your transom? I’m a newbie and read that the transom should be supported be rear of bunks. Shorelandr trailer instructions also state this. On my 19 sx I have about 4-5 inches of exposed bottom after the bunk, I had a bit more before I pulled the winch up 3 inches, I don’t think I can back up the boards any on this setup. Do I need longer boards or just leave it as pictured? (Dirty bottom, gonna clean her today)

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m no expert but you should be able to loosen and move bow stand aft as needed..

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 212 has about 6" of the boat hanging off the bunks. Doesn't bother me. Be careful moving the boat forward on the trailer, you'll add a bunch of tongue weight that way.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, I will calculate my tongue weight tonight with the 3" forward movement I gave it. I towed it already that way and did not notice any pushing but certainly want to understand where I am at now in terms of tongue weight. Thanks for confirming yours has some overhang also, makes me feel better... probably will focus more on tongue weight than the small overhang.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks, I will calculate my tongue weight tonight with the 3" forward movement I gave it. I towed it already that way and did not notice any pushing but certainly want to understand where I am at now in terms of tongue weight. Thanks for confirming yours has some overhang also, makes me feel better... probably will focus more on tongue weight than the small overhang.
Here is how mine came when I bought it. There are a bunch of threads about these boats having too much tongue weight from the dealer. Folks with 24's have spare bunk on their trailers and were moving the winch tower back to move the boat back to get less tongue weight. I didn't want to move mine any further back so I moved my axles forward to get rid of over 200lbs of tongue weight.

Attachments

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is how mine came when I bought it. There are a bunch of threads about these boats having too much tongue weight from the dealer. Folks with 24's have spare bunk on their trailers and were moving the winch tower back to move the boat back to get less tongue weight. I didn't want to move mine any further back so I moved my axles forward to get rid of over 200lbs of tongue weight.
Thanks, that's about exactly how mine looked also before I moved the boat up a bit, I'll see what tongue weight works out to be and go from there. Appreciate the picture. Weird that Shorelandr instructions recommend a flush fit but Yamaha sells their boats with boat overhang, the engines must be light on Yamahas.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks, that's about exactly how mine looked also before I moved the boat up a bit, I'll see what tongue weight works out to be and go from there. Appreciate the picture. Weird that Shorelandr instructions recommend a flush fit but Yamaha sells their boats with boat overhang, the engines must be light on Yamahas.
Shoreland'r also recommends 5-7% of total weight as tongue weight but all the 21's and 24's (not sure about 19's) were way over that. Then, let's not get started on the bias ply tires when they call for radials. Overall, I have been incredibly happy with my boat and incredibly disappointed in the POS trailer it sits on!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I checked my 192 tonight and the back of the boat sits completely flush to the end of the bunks. As far as the tongue wieght, I wonder if Shoreland'r is setting up these trailers up as if they were going to have an extra 300lb outdrive hanging off the back end and Yamaha is just going with it. I have always thought my boat seemed tongue heavy when on the hitch.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My tongue weight is 333lbs I figure the package has to weigh 3,400 to 3,600 lbs depending on fuel load so I’m at 8-9% tongue weight. 2,400lbs boat, 50 lb battery, 200lbs of fuel and 900lbs trailer all estimates. So close enough but still 4-5 inch overhang, I guess the 2019 gained a couple inches gained and they used same trailers as prior years . I’ll probably replace the boards for longer ones sooner rather than later when I change the el cheapo tires out.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a '17 AR190, Betiks tongue weight scale and some free time this weekend. I intend the weigh the truck, the boat, and the combo, then use the tongue scale to determine actual numbers. I'll be adjusting the boat position by moving the bow stop.

Boat is currently sitting about 1-2in forward of the end of the bunks.

Pictures and write up of the process will be made.

seventyeight

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I checked my 192 tonight and the back of the boat sits completely flush to the end of the bunks. As far as the tongue wieght, I wonder if Shoreland'r is setting up these trailers up as if they were going to have an extra 300lb outdrive hanging off the back end and Yamaha is just going with it. I have always thought my boat seemed tongue heavy when on the hitch.
After being a complete idiot and driving about 5 miles without locking the hitch, I can't really say I am not happy with Shoreland'r putting too much weight on the tongue.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our 2014 AR190 sits about 2" forward of the end of the bunk.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After being a complete idiot and driving about 5 miles without locking the hitch, I can't really say I am not happy with Shoreland'r putting too much weight on the tongue.
Damn. We may not get lucky often, but when we do, it's gold (Apply that however you would like). When I loaded my Grand Cherokee and then through the boat on the hitch for weekend trips, it looked like my Jeep was squatting to take a crap, so it gave me an extra reason to tell the wife I needed a truck. Now that I have said truck, I won't complain too much about a little extra tongue weight either.