• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Burst My Bubble: Towing with the boat/ski wrapped.....

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I went to Lower and I bought 1,000 feet of serene wrap. I spend 10 minutes wrapping and taking around my ski. I took the ski for a 40 minutes drive with speeds up to 70mph.
I did not see any visible damage to the paint.
Can a poor man's pseudo shrink wrap work ??????

Attachments

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I plan to wrap my tower and a little of the front of my boat for the trip across alligator alley for the Bimini trip. As the leading edges are always covered in bugs after a highway trip.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had one of these for years! Don't think they're available anymore:(CV0405A.jpg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I plan to wrap my tower and a little of the front of my boat for the trip across alligator alley for the Bimini trip. As the leading edges are always covered in bugs after a highway trip.
would you use the stech wrap or something else ?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
9438A30A-4C9E-4EF1-9E69-8161D60981E3.png Cheaper than this... ;) blue tape can get expensive!

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do they a bra for boats?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would put a ski or boat bra only because it looks like I could do it quickly but wrapping the bow of either with anything is too extreme for me. For context I’ve never experienced any damage or excessive bug splatter while towing and most of my towing is on the freeway between 50 and 100 miles from home. The front of the tower sometimes gets a little buggy but it would take me longer to install and remove tape than it would to wipe the tower down when I got to the ramp.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
okay so all those options make sense, but what do you guys ( or girls or whatever these days) do you think about a potential damage to the pain while towing 1000 miles at 70 to 75mpg!!!!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 74610 Cheaper than this... ;) blue tape can get expensive!
That looks so ridiculous it’s funny. I had 3m clear bra installed on my wife’s Lexus IS 350 convertible for under $1k.
It looks a hell of a lot better and it’s permanent and has a long warranty period. That job looks detailed but cheap. He could have probably bought a conventional auto bra/mask for less than he spent on the painters tape after taking his hourly rate into account for installation and removal.