• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Busted my Stern Light - Should I try to fix or replace

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After getting LTs back on in conjunction with my Cobra Magnums, (combo works incredible btw) -
I popped off my Stern light above the tower because I double looped the wakeboard rope and it caught the actual light above the mount - ripping it off along with wire.
Is this something I can solder back on and resplice the wire, or do I suck it up and spent $240 for a new Stern light?
Any one have comments/experience with this?
Demo

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Try
Attwood Marine

I broke my light on my 242 LSE. Attwood was the company that supplied the anchor light for my boat and they were able to send me a replacement at a VERY reduced price. Call them, give them the model of your boat and they may be able to help you out. Good people!

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. The Atwood Light is that exact model on the Yamaha 242 anchor light Buying the light was $42 vs paying 230 for the entire anchor lightly and mount from Yamaha parts for $230. I bought and was able to install the new light myself

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Glad you were able to save some money :thumbsup::winkingthumbsup":D