• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I've been waiting to post this for a long time, and now that this ordeal is over with I want to share my story with others so 1) you can avoid the same dumb mistake I made, and 2) we can put a shady boat trailer business OUT of business. Here we go...

Back in February I was looking to replace my 2006 MFI galvanized trailer with an aluminum one; I boat exclusively in saltwater and I've heard aluminum is the way to go. Through scanning Craig's List I found a business called Boat Trailer's Direct out of Florida that would build a custom aluminum trailer and ship it to you ( I live in eastern NC). Sounded like a good deal, so I reached out to the dealer and gave him my boat specs (07 SX210) and he told me no problem, they would make me a tandem axle aluminum trailer for $2600 with delivery. That's within my budget, so far, so good, right? Oh yea, and since it was a custom build, my dealer, Dave, asked for a $1200 deposit through PayPal. I asked for some pictures and checked their website http://boattrailersdirect.com/#mainsite before paying the money and it all looked legit and exactly what Dave told me, so I paid him with the understanding that the trailer would be delivered to Wilmington, NC on 11 March. This date came and went with no trailer, and to my benefit I kept in contact with Dave through text. Eventually, he referred me to Rocky, the sales manager at Boat Trailers Direct to negotiate the delivery portion. So I began to call Rocky, first once a week but then more frequently. March came and went with no trailer. The excuse went from we are still waiting parts to we are waiting for a driver to make the next run up the east coast. Oh and at one point Rocky informed me that my $1200 deposit never cleared their bank so I needed to bring the full $2600 when I met the delivery guy--yea it cleared, I know how to check my bank account buddy. It ended up with me demanding my money back and them never delivering my trailer. Of course they wouldn't hand it back over, so thank god I went through PayPal. I opened a formal complaint on 11 April and as of 2 May my $1200 has been refunded to my account. Had it not been for those texts I would not have been able to prove my negotiation demands and probably would not have won the settlement.

I am thoroughly displeased with this unethical business and if any of you are in the Tampa Bay to Orlando region of Florida, feel free to stop by there and punch Rocky right in face for me. Those crooks need to disappear; don't ever do business with them. Thank to PayPal for looking out for the consumer. My search for a good aluminum trailer continues..

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When we bought our trailer last year i looked into them but started seeing how the company had split and different people were doing different trailer stuff and decided not to go with them. We bought a aluminum ibeam trailer from collins marine in smithfield.. custom built.. torison axels... leds... radials.... 4x4 bunk main boards nice rims and guides posts for 3 grand..

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's a good one or should I say bad story on the hull truth about this trailer manufacturer every year. The author bumps it at spring time to warn people to stay away. They pissed of the wrong customer that time.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow dude, sorry for your headache - I'm thinking I'd be beyond PO. Good thing you kept documentation so at least you were able to get your money back...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your trouble
Maybe add "aluminum trailer" to your post title to draw more attention

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you posted this, that was one of the companies I was looking at for trailers.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/ Their website sucks but their trailers are great. I paid 3600 for a great trailer but that was about 6 years ago. But it was a dual axle, 4 brakes, LEDs.... If I had to do it again, I would go with 2 brakes and kodiak all stainless brakes. If you boat in salt water, it's a necessary upgrade. The galvanized setup will only last a couple years.

Come to Panama City Beach on vacation and go home with a new trailer.

Check with Will @JetBoatPilot .....at one time, he was selling their product.

Will, would you still recommend them?

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I looked into them last fall when I was replacing my Steel trailer due to our move to FL. Their price was ok, but I found a local dealer that was just a little bit more expensive. I went with the local place so I had somewhere to go with issues. Didn't ask for anything up front either! I'd highly recommend Hi-Tech Marine out of Panama City, FL if you're still looking for one. Not sure how they'd handle the shipping but I'm sure they deal with that. http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, that sucks, sorry you went through that. it amazes me companies still think they can get away with crappy service in this day and age of social media. Also, all these prices you guys are quoting seem so dreamy. $2,600 WITH delivery would have made me run away just out of mistrust, for such a low price! The custom trailer (granted, a big one) I wanted from a California builder was $10k to start, no delivery. I ended up putting a down payment with LoadMaster out of Ohio. Now I have to drive from California to Ohio to get it...sigh...but they were much better to deal with and listened to my wants and needs. Still paying $7,500 though. Ouch. Delivery was $1.20 per mile so it's road trip time in the 29 mpg Jeep GC.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should have it in about a week or so. She will be holding all three water toys, no more doubling up on tow vehicles for a single day out on the water. I'm only a little nervous it's what I expect...ahem...

PedalPirate

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Josh,
I just picked up an aluminum tandem axle trailer in Havelock for $3100.00. I wasn't too happy with having to set the trailer up myself, but it has LEDs. PM me if you want more info.

Good Luck,
Matt

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahhh all thre wayer toys... that makes more sence..
Yeah, tandem 6k axles, three winch and bunk sets, tool box, dual fuel can holder, LED's everywhere, electric jack...fingers crossed...

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Matt,

I'm actually headed up tomorrow morning to Havelock to see a dealer I found on Craig's List. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm not sure how to PM on this site.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Man, that sucks, sorry you went through that. it amazes me companies still think they can get away with crappy service in this day and age of social media. Also, all these prices you guys are quoting seem so dreamy. $2,600 WITH delivery would have made me run away just out of mistrust, for such a low price! The custom trailer (granted, a big one) I wanted from a California builder was $10k to start, no delivery. I ended up putting a down payment with LoadMaster out of Ohio. Now I have to drive from California to Ohio to get it...sigh...but they were much better to deal with and listened to my wants and needs. Still paying $7,500 though. Ouch. Delivery was $1.20 per mile so it's road trip time in the 29 mpg Jeep GC.
Yikes...Did you try and get a quote on uship.com? Drivers pick up loads rather than run back empty. Might have gotten a deal. I got a sequoia shipped from Texas to Florida for 500.00. Wasn't worth taking 2 days off work or losing a weekend.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yikes...Did you try and get a quote on uship.com? Drivers pick up loads rather than run back empty. Might have gotten a deal. I got a sequoia shipped from Texas to Florida for 500.00. Wasn't worth taking 2 days off work or losing a weekend.
I sure did, per the manufacturers suggestion. Problem was/is I'm West and empty loads are almost always going East. I was quoted $1,880 up to $3,200. Here it is for reference:
View media item 4688