• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying 2017 2430 VRX

ljn21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone
New to the forum - in the process of buying a 2017 2430 VRX, this will be the first jet boat I have owned and in doing research ended up at the site here. So much great information I have found already, happy to be a member and hope to contribute as well!

One question we had was if there was a table and/or grill available that fits the boat in a floor mount or something like that? We didn't see the option in the online order guides that we were able to dig up but wasn't sure if there was such a thing or not. The Chap 227 SSX we were also considering had a cool table mount in the rear port cockpit corner and in the center bow. Our friends have a Malibu LSV and it has a grill mount on the swim deck, they have small stainless propane grill they mount there and cook hot dogs and burgers on the lake. Thanks in advance!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
The boat will come with a table leg and a table. There’s mounts in the boat and on the swim platform. You can buy a magma grill and there’s a connector sold online ( search attach grill here) that fits in the table leg and attaches to grill

ljn21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The boat will come with a table leg and a table. There’s mounts in the boat and on the swim platform. You can buy a magma grill and there’s a connector sold online ( search attach grill here) that fits in the table leg and attaches to grill
Table standard in 2017? I think it shows as an option in the new 2019 build tool on the Vortex site.

Do you by chance have the link to the adapter you mentioned?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Table standard in 2017? I think it shows as an option in the new 2019 build tool on the Vortex site.

Do you by chance have the link to the adapter you mentioned?
I have a 2015... leg and table were standard then.

check this post out for an amazon link and also a magma grill mount link to possible mounts that will fit in the leg. I don't have a mount for my grill. I have a magma, but use it on a picnic table at my boat slip. Wife isn't crazy about grease and hot grill on boat, so I never looked into coming up with a way to attach the grill myself.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/magma-grill-with-table-mount-adapter-heck-yeah.9397/

ljn21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well, I got cold feet with the VRX...I happened to stop at our local marina to talk with them about a slip yesterday and there was someone pulling out a 223 onto his trailer. I asked him about debris and said he had just sucked up something and was pulling the boat out to take it apart to remove it. He said about every other trip he has to deal with sucking in sticks...he showed me how to take the pump off which didnt seem to bad. Inside we found a stick about 2 inches long, thumb size diameter. That sealed the deal for me, we luckily were still able to back out of the process and get our deposit and down payment back. We chose a Chap 227 SSX instead with a traditional stern drive. Thanks for everyones help, this is an awesome community! The table questions will still help me as the 227 also has the same table mounts like the 243.