• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying 2018 Yamaha SX190, need advice ( Now looking for AR/SX230)

Ando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Guys,

My first post here.
My local dealer has a 2018 SX190 in stock.
Out the door they want $32288.
Is this a bad deal or good deal especially for a 2018 outgoing model.

If this is a fair deal I will get it, if not I want to negotiate it down.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can find them cheaper. Park marine had some for 27krange.

Mind if I ask why the 19 and not a 21ft... if first boat people often make mistake and buy to small only to trade it a year later

Ando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Selling price is
$27k + dealer fees and tax comes out to $32288 out the door.
So you are saying I can get it for 27k out the door?

I just want entry level boat and if I can get 21ft for the same price then sure.
What's the benefit of a longer boat?

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ditto...if you can move up to a bigger model might save your self some money in the long run. Don’t get me wrong, the 190’s are great, I had a 2012. Then 2015 moved into a 240.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
I would shoot for msrp, plus tax and registration in your state. Dealer fees are bs

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're willing to do a road trip or pay someone to truck it to you, GSPS had them on E-bay for under $26K out the door.
They currently have the 195 out the door for $29,999 but 195's are outlawed in the Commie state.
https://www.gspsmarine.com/model/2018/yamaha/sx190/
You will need to pay tax in your state.

If you want to buy in your state, Berts had several a month ago and this time of year you should be able to get a much better deal then you posted.

BTW, I love my 190 and it gets GREAT fuel mileage compared to any other Yami.

Last edited:

Ando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What would be towing cost? Around 2k?
I hope I can get them to lower their price to 26k out the door.

The boat I am looking for retails $28,649
They discounted to $26,999 but out the door came out to $32,288. I think there is like 2k for delivery charge to the dealer or something like that. Don't remember the wording exactly.

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
About a $1.00 a mile is what I find on U-ship.
Give GSPS a call and talk to whoever does the e-bay ads.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik might be able to ship it somewhere.

I think he does something along those lines.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ando the reason for little larger boat is people often get into boating like it, want to bring friends and the boat size is to small to fit extra or the boat is underpowered once said people get on and you arent able to have fun you want.

Also why not get an extra 2ft at least.

Depending where you boat that little difference might also make a big difference in the water pending conditions.

Ando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My main issue is the cost and financing to do with payment.

I keep going back and forth with my dealer but seems like out the door price is not changing. Bert's Mega Mall is the dealer in Covina CA.

I will try to get the paperwork and see what they are charging.
I told them about that ebay dealer out of state and they told me I can't buy that boat because it won't be CA legal.

You guys heard anything like that?
I don't get how one dealer can do 26k out the door amd the other only almost 33k

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like there are two other dealers in LA, call both of them and say I’m looking to buy a 2018 sx190 if you can get it at 26k out the door. Might say yes or might throw you a counter offer. Then you can start using those to negotiate at different dealers.

My dealer was being difficult in negotiating, then I reached out to a dealer 2 hrs away who was willing to go 4K less right up front. Then they started playing ball.

I paid 35k out the door with the premium mooring cover, coast guard and anchor package. For a 19 AR190. That’s with just over 2k in TTL. I didn’t pay dealer prep or delivery fees.

Ando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer now has $30,777.64 out the door.

$26,999 sales price + 827 (destination/assembly) +$80 (dmv doc fee) + $2790.60 (sales tax) + $78 (Lic fee for boat/trailer) + $3.5 (CA tire recycling fee).

Other dealers I call they say we don't have any in stock.

Being a first time boat buyer I really don't know. Are most people paying under 30k for the sx?

Last edited:

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, 10% tax. Didn’t realize it was that high. I’d say that’s a good deal that 3k less that the 19 list price. The only thing I would try to push for is to get the 827 reduced or asked for extras like life jackets, mooring cover, fenders etc....

Buying out of state and having it shipped to you, you’d prob spend your savings on the shipping.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you aren’t dead set on getting it now, I would suggest looking used. I ended up getting a 2 year old boat with every mod I could have ever dreamed up, 2 mooring covers and upgraded trailer for $11k under what a new one was listed at. Granted I drove 9 hours to get it, but it was totally worth it. The classifieds on this forum are great.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would think you’d get a higher discount on a 2018 model, my dealer had already knocked $5,000 off my 210FSH just because 2019’s have started arriving. This was shortly after Labor Day.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My next suggestion was the used market. Or wait until boat shows in feb and prob get 2019 for same price you were willing to spend on the 18 Or close to it.

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I 100% agree on finding a used one.
I did just that, found a like new 2013 with 50 hours on the clock for $16K.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik might be able to ship it somewhere.
I think he does something along those lines.
For the record I am a statistician; but occasionally I moonlight as boat/ski transporter. A $1 per mile is fair estimate. Anyone offering less than that, I would do some investigation. It is possible that they might have delivered a load and the return trip is paid for, but usually not the case.
If you end up getting something within a day from Dallas, TX, I might be able to help delivering it to LA.

Depends on what you are trying to do with the boat, that extra 2 or 5 feet can make a huge difference. If you are thinking you might be going to catalina or bimini then 21 or 24 might be the way to go. If I were you, I would wait and see what comes up on this forum. For 30K you could have a 240.

One more thing to keep in mind, is that buying a new boat is not like buying new car. I would rather get a used boat from reputable member than a brand new one.

Ando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you guys are convincing me on a used boat and maybe a 23ft one. I would love to be able to take the boat to Catalina Island.
Would I only be able to do that with 23ft boat?

I was looking for new as I am the type of guy who leases new cars and never buys old just because I like the new leather and warranty that comes with it.
I found couple of used boats around me. Also since it's off season almost my thought was I can find them much cheaper and once the season starts it would get more expensive to buy a boat.

Is this one a good deal on 2007 AR230 ? $20k. I believe this is 23ft.
He is a local and I went and checked out the boat. Only thing I didn't like is the seats had few cuts on them. Are they replaceable?
I think it has 140hours on it.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/d/yamaha-ar230-high-output-twin/6741433679.html

2007 SX 230, $18k
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-yamaha-sx230-ho-103041122/?refSource=standard listing

This one is close by as well. This is 21ft I think. SR210 for 16k
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/boa/d/2007-yamaha-sr210-boat/6729614543.html

2006 AR230 $18k
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-yamaha-ar230-high-output-103453134/?refSource=standard listing

2007 AR230 $21k
https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-yamaha-ar230-ho-103417482/?refSource=standard listing