• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying a ar192 2016 left over...next week

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So this is the plan to buy one! Well if the wife says its enough room. I think it should pass no issues. The 17s are a bit too much but there are few 16 left overs around. Thinking the blue and white one.

I'm going to the boat show to check out the new ones and talk to some dealers. I've already contacted two dealers one selling one for a good low price another is selling it for more, the one said he would match the other price and he's a bit closer and easier to get to.

So questions..

-This is my first new boat, what should I get with it?
-Do you think they will toss in some extra stuff?
-Should I try and get a lower price?
-Anything I should get 100%
-Should I get everything from the dealer, tube, lines, bumpers etc?

I have no experience with buying a new boat so I'm open to advice.
Located in Ontario Canada.

Thanks
Mike

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Our dollar is so bad it might not be worth it... but for shit and giggles, how much?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Being your first boat you will need to get the basics like fenders, dock lines, first aid kit, life jackets and whatever safety/distress stuff is needed in the waters you intend to boat in.

Being a Yamaha dealer I imagine they would throw in some of the items mentioned above to work in a deal if it meant a deal breaker. All depends on the dealer I suppose. Most of us probably had items thrown in when we bought our boats. Also if the boat is still new at the dealer then it should still come with a shipping cover free of charge.

I would always try and negotiate as worse they can say is no. If these are brand new boats but leftovers there should be some discount in pricing compared to the new 195's. If they won't come down off the boat then at least try and hit them up for throwing in the other goodies mentioned above or discounting you big on a mooring cover or something.

If the first dealer is not willing to throw in items or work with you then I'd try working the other dealer and see who comes out willing to give you the best deal.

Best of luck in your boat shopping and welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice, This boats actually new, three dealers have left over 16's all new. It saves me 12k vs the ar195, yes the 195 has more power but that's about it, just motor updates. Anyways good advice thanks, I told him we can work out the details at the boat show, but a full top is a must for me for storage while in the lake at the cottage or at home. If I can get one that I can trailer with that would be ideal. I was going to try and get him to toss in an anchor and ropes bumpers, just small stuff. I have a bunch of life jackets etc already so some new lines and bumpers would be nice. The one thing I'm not sure about is either to get the 1500$ off or 4-year warranty.. I'm leaning to the warranty at the moment.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice, This boats actually new, three dealers have left over 16's all new. It saves me 12k vs the ar195, yes the 195 has more power but that's about it, just motor updates. Anyways good advice thanks, I told him we can work out the details at the boat show, but a full top is a must for me for storage while in the lake at the cottage or at home. If I can get one that I can trailer with that would be ideal. I was going to try and get him to toss in an anchor and ropes bumpers, just small stuff. I have a bunch of life jackets etc already so some new lines and bumpers would be nice. The one thing I'm not sure about is either to get the 1500$ off or 4-year warranty.. I'm leaning to the warranty at the moment.
I went with the warranty, I had the dealer throw in a nice tube and rope, Ive heard others get Thrust vector fins thrown in on the deal. Welcome to the club you'll love the boat!

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
U will love the boat.
Where in Ontario? ...
I purchased from CO2 inflatables in Oakville. Great sales and service.
But... jetboaters. net is the best resource.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ok long day ended up buying one as they gave me the boat show deal. Got the cheaper financing and I ended up going with the cash vs warranty, so hope was a good idea, I have a year to add it on if I want so that is good news. Also got a large starter kit, anchor, life jackets, ropes bumpers etc etc long list actually. Full mooring top and a deal on tube stuff when they get them in...So happy with everything, still wonder if I put the dealers against them each other at the boat show if I would end up ahead but I hate playing that game I just want the boat. This one was right in the showroom and I got the sit in it open everything up etc. Had to take the kids and was not planning on staying this long, my 4-year-old through up in the car, man that sucked!! We had to stop and buy him a new shirt and my wife a sweater. Car stinks, good times! Got the boat off George's marine in Ottawa, I live just outside of Kingston.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

Bit of new boater advice, don't take your family out on the first trip getting to know the boat if you feel you will be nervous. Sometimes it's easier on you if you take a good friend along who knows boats or can at least help you out. With the wife and kids it can get hectic your first time out and breaking in the boat. I took my family out with me on my maiden voyage but I've been around boats my life and have had some PWC's so it wasn't as big of a deal. Have fun and congrats agin!!

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

Bit of new boater advice, don't take your family out on the first trip getting to know the boat if you feel you will be nervous. Sometimes it's easier on you if you take a good friend along who knows boats or can at least help you out. With the wife and kids it can get hectic your first time out and breaking in the boat. I took my family out with me on my maiden voyage but I've been around boats my life and have had some PWC's so it wasn't as big of a deal. Have fun and congrats agin!!
That's some good advice, I have a few months to figure that stuff out as the ice won't be out till mid late April. I did find out they can ship the boat to their sister marina which is local to me. So saved me 4hours of driving. The other marina is right on lake Ontario so I can break it in right there..once the ice is gone. First of May is most likely when I'll take possession of it.

I should have clarified this is my first new boat or big new boat. I've had two seadoos, still have a Glen-L tnt my dad and I built when I was 18, a 14ft alum with a 25merc. At the family cottage we have a 17ft princecraft and a little 12footer. If they didn't make these jetboats so family friendly and Damn good looking I would have ended up with a checkmate br2100 with a 250+ on the back. I grew up around my uncle's Allison xr2002, I tried to convince my wife it's a good family boat lol. First time I was over 100mph was when I was 8 on that thing. I would pay alot of money to take that boat for a ride again. 108mph on water, nothing like it.

This is by far my biggest purshase so I'm pumped. I'll most likely chicken out and get the warranty come summer. But I really can't find any threads on issues besides stupid stuff. Got to love Yamaha engines. I'm a skidoo brp guy but I've been closet loving all Yamaha products.

Now the noise thing will bug me. A buddy of mine rents seadoos and jet boats and his seadoo jet boat is not bad but kind of annoying. From what I've heard this is worse but lots of great threads to read before May so I'll have everything figured out before it hits the water. I just have to try and avoid modding the engine. I don't own anything stock so it's going to be hard.. I'll try for the first year, but I can see myself pulling the flame arrestor out and looking into an IC if it gets heat soaked. R and D and Riva make great products too. The ecu upgrades if they improve gas mileage are something I will consider.

Thanks for the tips guys I look forward to reading up on all the interesting post and mods everything has done to their boats.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Honestly man the noise thing is so subjective to personal preference. I don't find these boats super loud or any louder than an outboard. Rather than dump a bunch of time in money into making it slightly quieter just get a big booming stereo haha.

Here is what the boat sounds like wide open to give you an idea

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Honestly man the noise thing is so subjective to personal preference. I don't find these boats super loud or any louder than an outboard. Rather than dump a bunch of time in money into making it slightly quieter just get a big booming stereo haha.

Here is what the boat sounds like wide open to give you an idea

Yeah sounds like an outboard there. Again OCD on my part but I'll plan on doing the hatch for sure based on what i saw when I opened it up. I don't even remember a seal. After that I'll make it loud again and put in a sub and amp. I was going to do a bandpass box but after looking at it I might try a free air sub.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
They are noisy but with a cruise speed of around 30MPH which we normally bump to 40MPH, we really aren't underway for very long periods of time, we would run out of lake. We don't try to have much conversation while moving. If there is a need for quiet or we want to enjoy scenery longer, I will just use No-Wake mode for awhile until it is time to blast off to the next destination which is rarely more than 15 minutes away.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Make the moreffort expensive dealer beat the cheaper dealer.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Make the moreffort expensive dealer beat the cheaper dealer.
I could have, that was an option, my worry was limited supply of left over 16's. The original dealer I was going to go with took down his ar 192's of the online ads so I had these guys match it and got the full prem cover and starter kit, so I'm happy with that and I got to see the boat I'm buying vs a picture, plus it will be shipped to their sister location 25 mins from me so everything worked out. I would have had to drive 3.5 hours one way to the other dealer. Yes your right at the boat show I could have just go back and forth and tell them what I want and see them fight it out, but really I hate that. I got a good low number from the lowest advertised dealer, and had this one beat it with extra stuff.

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So this is the plan to buy one! Well if the wife says its enough room. I think it should pass no issues. The 17s are a bit too much but there are few 16 left overs around. Thinking the blue and white one.

I'm going to the boat show to check out the new ones and talk to some dealers. I've already contacted two dealers one selling one for a good low price another is selling it for more, the one said he would match the other price and he's a bit closer and easier to get to.

So questions..

-This is my first new boat, what should I get with it?
-Do you think they will toss in some extra stuff?
-Should I try and get a lower price?
-Anything I should get 100%
-Should I get everything from the dealer, tube, lines, bumpers etc?

I have no experience with buying a new boat so I'm open to advice.
Located in Ontario Canada.

Thanks
Mike[/QUOTE

Good evening Mike ..... congrats on ur new boat - I just bought a 2016 190Sx today - from Dewilt Yamaha.....
Im pretty sure u got a good deal on the extras - Dewilt also through in bow/cockpit covers for me (as well as what u mentioned above)....
I decided on the 1000 rebate and 4 yr warranty..... I like to play safe....

Good luck....

Tim

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats Tim,

I might still get the warranty it's 1600 I believe if I want it still. I have a year to decided so that is good. The way this winter is going the ice will be out in two weeks down south.

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats Tim,

I might still get the warranty it's 1600 I believe if I want it still. I have a year to decided so that is good. The way this winter is going the ice will be out in two weeks down south.
Just wondering Mike where u store ur boat......It annoys me to have to pay for winter storage - so Im going to keep it in my backyard !!!!

Thoughts