• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Buying new

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok, I'm finally ready to buy a new one. Looking at a leftover 2014 AR240. Couple quick, and probably easy, questions.

First and foremost, I see plenty advertised in the 44K range for leftovers, which is precisely why I'm going this route. How much more can I expect to see on the OTD bill? (besides tax, of course).

Price is obviously pretty good already, anything easily negotiated into a deal I should ask for? (i.e.- YES)

And finally, the only thing holding me back from buying right now, is I'm waiting for the promotional APR. Is there a certain timeframe they usually run this? From my googling, it looks like February, and I hope there are 14's left by then. I know they have 4.9% on sub 50K loans right now(3.9 over). I'm hoping for 1.9, may settle for 2.9 if it comes down to crunch time.

My seadoo is sold, but not until February. So I'm not in any big rush, aside from fear of missing out on a '14.

Thanks in advance,

I bought an 2013 AR 240 last Feb and I got 2.99 APR which was available for a new boat even though the boat was a 2013. I think the promo for the 2.99 APR ended in March or May but was available in Feb. I'm not sure when the deal started. The dealer did waive the prep and freight which was $1,500. I think I paid $47K for the boat. Which may not have been the best deal but it was the lowest price for a dealer close to where I live. One thing to look for is if the boat you are buying is a California model. Mine was, and the dealer didn't disclose this. I didn't find out until I got home. There is a sticker on the side of the boat that says its has California emission control but I didn't notice it. The California boats run about 3-4 mph slower top end if that's an issue for you. The best WOT speed I've seen is 48mph with just me in the boat. There is a mod to remove the air flow restrictor between the air filter and the engine which is supposed to add a few extra mph and the mod is pretty easy. So my OTD price was the agreed upon sales price. I did have the dealer install an extra battery, dual charger and keel guard both of which I'm glad I did. The extra battery and dual charger ran me about $700 and I can't remember what the keel guard was but I'm think it was around $300. You can certainly add another battery and charger for less but having the dealer do it and probably better than I could was worth the $ to me. I don't know if I'd worry about 2014's being available. The place I bought from still have 3 for sale and a bunch of 2012 242's.

Good luck in your purchase.

@veedubtek talk to the guys over at twin county motor sports in NC. Almost bought from them with the great deals they had but my local dealer came close enough to prevent the 9 hr drive. Good luck. I love my '14 AR 240.

@veedubtek I got 2.99% on a leftover SX240 last year in January. I think it went from 3.99 to 2.99 during the first week of the new year. As I recall there were still quite a few dealers with leftovers at that time.

On a side note the Pens better put a better performance on the ice tonight! I'm tired of the poor defense already.

Pens did good @H2Joes!

And thanks @Helipilot11 ! Hadn't even heard of them and they have a nice inventory. Sent them a message. The more I think about it, the more I think we are going to go with an AR210 instead, and they seem to have plenty. No point in buying more than we need just because we can afford it. And, now the buyer has backed out of my Seadoo so I might have 2 payments for awhile, heh.

I would not fear losing out on a '14. I think you will still see them for quite a while, but color choice may become limited. I would insist on them waiving the dealer prep fee and I would also consider trying to get an extended YES warranty at cost. I like your thought process, but personally, I like the idea of paying <$35k for a pre-owned Yamaha with less than 50 hours.

I'd much prefer a low-hour used unit! But, I'm not liquid enough to purchase it outright, and can't get that crazy good APR on a used one.

Back