• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying Truck Rims online

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for some input into buying a set of new truck rims online for my Tundra. Any issues or things to watch out for? Do I get their TPM sensors or buy OEM ones. Any quality issues - I am assuming they are all made offshore. My stockers are beat and it's time to use them for winter rims only. Thanks. Cam.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have bought rim/tire combos online and used their TPMS they sold, it was cheaper to buy them all together mounted and balanced. The only complaint I had was that they were balanced horribly. I think for the few bucks it would cost if I do it again I will have them balanced at a decent shop before hand.

Just confirm offset and size prior and triple check for the best price. Some places are cheaper but shipping is more etc.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My first Tundra had Steel Wheels, bought a set of nice OEM Aluminum Wheels off a guy, well TPMS Sensors are different between steel and aluminum if that helps you out, my original ones would not work on the aluminum, it was a costly ordeal.

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did a ton of research when I did mine. Best price I could find was Mr. Wheel Deal. Check them out. They can help with fitment too, whether they'll rub, etc.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Looking for some input into buying a set of new truck rims online for my Tundra. Any issues or things to watch out for? Do I get their TPM sensors or buy OEM ones. Any quality issues - I am assuming they are all made offshore. My stockers are beat and it's time to use them for winter rims only. Thanks. Cam.
I have wheels for my 16 tundra with aftermarket wheels and I didn't get tpm sensors. A small light will come on but that's it. I ordered my wheels off of eBay with no problems.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice wheels. I am pondering not having winter wheels. I might just pull the TPM out of the oem rims and then sell the rims, then run some BFG KO which are good on ice. We get nasty black ice here. Cam.