• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ca Lake Jet Boat Run?

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We usually go to the ca šŸ‰ Lake Nacimiento. Iā€™m looking to put together some kind of run in a ca lake. Anybody know any sandy coves in ca? I know 1 or 2.

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
We usually go to the ca šŸ‰ Lake Nacimiento. Iā€™m looking to put together some kind of run in a ca lake. Anybody know any sandy coves in ca? I know 1 or 2.
This is my idea of a California jet boat run ! I went a second time with my kids and mother. Itā€™s the only kind of running I like, non stop boating all day !

LawRenceAr190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is my idea of a California jet boat run ! I went a second time with my kids and mother. Itā€™s the only kind of running I like, non stop boating all day !
Awesome cruise!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Yamadale , I live in the SF Bay Area and canā€™t think of any lakes or reservoirs that have a large sandy beach area in a cove or pout of one. You can usually find nice coves at lake Berryessa, Don Pedro, Lake McClure, New Lake Hogan and Shasta (that is, the big ones) but not with sand. If you are looking for a lake to host a large gathering at Iā€™d suggest berryessa (itā€™s not far from hotels, outlets, Napa, etc.). Shasta is also awesome but very far north, neither have strict quagga or zebra mussel inspection programs, at least they didā€˜nt. If you want to do more of a poker run type thing consider an SF Bay Area to Old Sacramento River run, itā€™s roughly 50 miles and people have the option to stay overnight at a hotel in old Sacramento / near the guest dock. There is also a nice nearby place to raft up, Discovery Park but if you want room to tube I suggest lake Berryessa plus the woman have the option to shop / go wine tasting.

Check out the first 4 minutes of this video for some Sacramento

@Rearwheeln , Iā€™d be insterested in boating to Napa, not sure where Iā€™d launch from yet but would also be open to staying the night / weekend wine tasting and such with my wife if i can rent dock space near the hotel. Please elaborate on the Napa leg of your trip.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober , thanks. Iā€™d have to add 6 to 8 hours to get to LA from San Francisco. Thatā€™s a lot of driving/towing each way to consider.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober , thanks. Iā€™d have to add 6 to 8 hours to get to LA from San Francisco. Thatā€™s a lot of driving/towing each way to consider.
Gotcha. It's well worth the trip to experience Havasu at least once.