• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

California rain

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know that California is having problems with how the rain came so fast but I am wondering if anyone has heard if this was enough to help the drought situation. Will the lakes fill up?

They need weeks and weeks of rain like they're having now to fill all the lakes up to capacity.

We'll take any rain we can get! Our local reservoir (Folsom Lake) is up 9 feet in the last week. It has another 70 feet to go to be all the way full, but it's not often full. Another 30 feet of rise would make for a solid boating season next year. I am hearing reports that Lake Oroville is up over 30 feet. That is A LOT of water and that part of the state just got a ton of rain. More rain in the forecast over the next couple of weeks, which is great new.

Wow!! That's a great improvement!! Any other reports of lakes rising?

Yes, Oroville is up 30ft over the low from 11/14. Shasta is up 25 since 11/29. Folsom still looks like this though even with the increase.
635539894565671090-FolsomLake.jpg

Yes, Oroville is up 30ft over the low from 11/14. Shasta is up 25 since 11/29. Folsom still looks like this though even with the increase.
635539894565671090-FolsomLake.jpg
Will these lakes benifit from any snow pack from the last storm or do the just get the Rain runoff?

I've only heard of Folsom's status here in S.F. Bay but in related news the winds were so high at Lake Tahoe several people donned wetsuits and surfed it. My wife's coworker and 14 year old son were on the news in the surf there. Locally, I got a call from my son's school district on Wednesday night, they left the following message, "due to the pending storms classes for all schools in our district and all after school programs are cancelled tomorrow." I went to school in this area without ever experiencing a rained out school day.

And Dallas catches hell from the Yankees for canceling school when it snows 2"!

I was in Tahoe on Friday and Saturday. Really disappointing to see how little snow fell up there in this last storm. Yes, there's a bit of snow going over the mountains on 50, but not much at all. Essentially none on the ground at the south end of Lake Tahoe.

I have green grass in my yard up here. Cam.

I was in Tahoe on Friday and Saturday. Really disappointing to see how little snow fell up there in this last storm. Yes, there's a bit of snow going over the mountains on 50, but not much at all. Essentially none on the ground at the south end of Lake Tahoe.
Damn! I thought Tahoe was going to have the snow of the century out of this!

I just got back from Boreal ski resort near truckee, at about 7k feet elevation, they got 20" of new snow from Thursday's Storm.

Last edited:
Back