• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

California :(

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was dead set on an AR195 until I found out you CANNOT buy and/or register them in California. Related to emissions on the Supercharger :( Really bummed, anyone experience a similar situation? Now I am not really sure I want to go down to the AR190, want the 50mph performance.

Also looking at Scarab 195 as you can get it here, not sure what to do... Must stay within 19ft.

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was dead set on an AR195 until I found out you CANNOT buy and/or register them in California. Related to emissions on the Supercharger :( Really bummed, anyone experience a similar situation? Now I am not really sure I want to go down to the AR190, want the 50mph performance.

Also looking at Scarab 195 as you can get it here, not sure what to do... Must stay within 19ft.
Im pretty sure you could bring a used one into the state if you could find one. But that would probably be tough to find.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check out some of the Power sports shops in your area. A few years ago one of mine was selling a super jet (which also are not sold new in CA anymore) they brought in from out of state. They sold it used but at greater than the new price in another state. That is they charged a premium for the hassle of locating it and bringing it in from another state.

One of the last times I went to the dealer they said they never expect to see an FSh for the same reason they won’t get a 195 they are not allowed to sell them new in CA.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Scarabs are really nice looking boats and it kind of sounds like they finally got their shit together on their issues, so I think you would probably be okay there. After being a 192 owner, I think driving a 190 would make me sad.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jEt_jAk are you moving from another state to Cali or you reside here now? I moved to Cali from Indiana and had my AR192 shipped to cali but it was a bit of a pain in the butt. If you situation is similar to mine please let me know and I can walk you through the steps to ease some of your pain. The issue most people face is that when they bring an out of state boat they check the wrong box for drive type. There is in fact a JET option but most of the people at the BMV will tell you that you cannot use this for a boat, they are wrong. I called the brank for vessel special registrations and they were very nice and knew how do deal with the issue, the lady even went as far to give me her phone number in the case that the BMV wouldn't play ball. At the end of the day, my boat is now happy in sunny CA on Mission Bay!

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks, that is helpful. I current live in CA, but it seems that it is possible (and completely legal) to buy in another state as a non-resident. Especially since the boat will spend a considerable amount of time (in fact most of its in water time) in that state I think I have some options! Stay tuned :D

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks, that is helpful. I current live in CA, but it seems that it is possible (and completely legal) to buy in another state as a non-resident. Especially since the boat will spend a considerable amount of time (in fact most of its in water time) in that state I think I have some options! Stay tuned :D
Spend the time to figure out how to get a 195.

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Earthquakes fires high taxes and tight emmisions standards. Im mooving to Cali.
Btw have you water tested the 190? 50 mph is only achievable on super calm waters with a 19 foot hull 40 mph is a handfull on light chop. If you Hit a nice wake and go air born its a busted motor mount or two. Where ya going in such a hurry?

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Find a way to get a 195. Even with a loaded boat full of people, low 40s is doable. Just me and my wife and we can hit 50. Problem is 50 mph hurts the wallet bad.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just curious what is the gph at wot in a 195? In my 242 it is close to 26 gph (i try not to cycle to this screen at all as it tends to wipe the smile off my face and reduce speed).

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR195 is 20.5 gph at 7500 rpms @ 50mph. 30 gallon tank doesn't get you too far. We went wide open throttle to beat out a storm on Lake Cumberland for about 25 minutes and holy crap did it drink the gas. But I will say, 50 on water in that little boat seems like you are flying.