• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

calling 2017 21' owners...can you fit a box anchor?

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey lucky 2017 21' owners...I am seriously considering trading in my 2015 for a 2017. The new anchor locker is very different from the prior configuration and it does not look like you can fit a small box anchor in there. I've tried 3 different fluke anchors before getting my box anchor and I don't want to go back to dragging my anchor all over the lake. Does anyone with a 2017 21' boat have a box anchor and can confirm that it will fit?

Thanks,
eticket

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Blenderhead, thanks very much for the offer. I would appreciate if you could take measurements of the opening. I think there is plenty of depth, just not sure if I can get it in due to the more narrow "slot".

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@eticket - the length from left to right is 19 3/4". The width at its narrowest point is 3 1/4 (left and right side) and at its widest point (center) is 5 1/4. All measurements are approximate.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make