• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cambridge MD

Bman215

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just Booked the Hyatt in Cambridge MD for the last week in August. Leaving from Croyden Pa and taking the long trip down there on our AR240. Anyone familiar with the area or have any spots we should hit while were down there?

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just Booked the Hyatt in Cambridge MD for the last week in August. Leaving from Croyden Pa and taking the long trip down there on our AR240. Anyone familiar with the area or have any spots we should hit while were down there?
The Choptank River in general going towards its origin is beautiful. We stayed in the area last year and loved how unpopulated and free of the massive boat traffic we were used to on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake. Oxford is a cute town with some good restaurants nearby accessible via boat. Secretary has a cool restaurant accessible via boat. If you are looking for relaxing, I think you’ll enjoy the area.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
How long is this trip? I’m going to be moving to Edgewood MD in a month or so and I’m looking forward to Chesapeake Bay boating. Have you taken your AR240 in the bay before? How does it handle?

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How long is this trip? I’m going to be moving to Edgewood MD in a month or so and I’m looking forward to Chesapeake Bay boating. Have you taken your AR240 in the bay before? How does it handle?
I know you weren't addressing me, Josh, but I'll chime in, anyway. We've been boating on parts of the Chesapeake for the past 5 years...this past year was our first with the 242. We're currently on Middle River, which is about 10-15 or so miles south of where you will be. The further south you go from your home port, the bigger the bay gets...which means bigger boats, bigger waves. Once you get the Chesapeake Bay Bridge which connects the eastern and western shores, it can get quite rough for our boats...I only do that area early mornings and calm days if possible. If you stay in the upper bay, you have a great boat for it! Across the bay from you is the Sassafras River which is beautiful with a bunch of nice spots. Further north you can either go towards the Susquehanna or up the Elk River, both of which you will enjoy exploring. Bottom line is that you'll love the options you have.

Mark

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's got to be a good 200 mile + trip! What's your itinerary look like? Where are staying overnight?

Bman215

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah Its going to be about a 5 hr trip. leaving 6am. We will stop at the Chesapeake Inn to grab lunch and break up the ride. Hopefully conditions will be ok for 24'er. We're going with 3 other boats. Last year we went to Mears Marina on the Farlee Creek and that was an awesome trip. We were there for Farlee Creek Day which is 100% wort it if anyone is in the area. They haven't announced what day that is this year but were hoping to hit it on the way back.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah Its going to be about a 5 hr trip. leaving 6am. We will stop at the Chesapeake Inn to grab lunch and break up the ride. Hopefully conditions will be ok for 24'er. We're going with 3 other boats. Last year we went to Mears Marina on the Farlee Creek and that was an awesome trip. We were there for Farlee Creek Day which is 100% wort it if anyone is in the area. They haven't announced what day that is this year but were hoping to hit it on the way back.
I’d be prepared for a MUCH longer trip than 5 hours. 5 hours would mean you averaged 40mph the whole way...not possible with what you’ll hit south of Fairlee. I used to make a yearly trip from Elkton (slightly north of where C&D canal intersects Elk River) to Annapolis (around 60 miles) and I’d be lucky to average 22-24mph for the entire trip. Your trip takes you 40 miles further south in the “big” part of the bay. Good luck, sounds super fun but that’s going to be a long day!!