• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Camping with jet ski

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m thinking about taking my jet ski camping instead of my boat and wondering if anybody has done it and how it went. I’ll be going to an island off the coast.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You’d just need backpacking style gear (and maybe food) based on how big your ski is.

We day trips away from the boat ramp on stand up skis & carry beach shades/chairs on your back & a small cooler in the tray. Some guys have the big backpack coolers & strap gear to that.

Dry bags would be smart for critical things.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tim h thanks for sharing. That's some dedication to the cause there!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

yes, can be done!
I’m going to subscribe to her channel and would salute her if I saw her in person. Sleeping on an air mattress on the water/ocean hole tied to a jet ski and lobster hunting. Wow. 45 minutes to inflate an air mattress? She needs a better pump.

I’ve never been camping with just my jet ski. Sounds like a good adventure but I wouldn’t do it alone/with one ski. Safety in numbers, someone has to survive to tell the story/put up a memorial, etc.

Please publish a follow up post of the adventure, if you take it. I hope to experience it vicariously.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just watched her whole video...... I am living life wrong..... Wish I was a lot younger and had more time, this looks pretty cool.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t camp without my 6 year old daughter. She’s my buddy. But I might have some work friends going too

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like a great time. Well done. Glad the weather wasn’t too bad. I have been wanting to “boat camp” for a little while. My primary lake, Lake Cumberland, doesn’t have much to offer unless you are on a house boat but I have heard Dale Hollow lake has some nice islands to boat camp on. I have also wondered if I could take my waverunner up the South Fork of the Cumberland until I got to ripples and primitive camp within the big south fork national area. Anything you would do different next time from a packing or preparation standpoint?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a great time. Well done. Glad the weather wasn’t too bad. I have been wanting to “boat camp” for a little while. My primary lake, Lake Cumberland, doesn’t have much to offer unless you are on a house boat but I have heard Dale Hollow lake has some nice islands to boat camp on. I have also wondered if I could take my waverunner up the South Fork of the Cumberland until I got to ripples and primitive camp within the big south fork national area. Anything you would do different next time from a packing or preparation standpoint?
I've camped on Cumberland years ago. Like 15yrs ago. Went and found a cove WAY off the main channel. Went as far back as we could, and threw a tent on shore. Had a small campfire and hung out for two nights. No idea if it was legal but we did it.

Buddy and his GF got the cuddy on the boat. Myself and my GF got the tent on shore. Was quite the weekend from what parts I remember :)

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only thing I’d add was air mattresses. I normally take them when I’m camping with the boat but I only wanted to bring the basics. From now on Air mattresses is part of the basics. I did bring a sawzaw for cutting up firewood. That worked great.

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The only thing I’d add was air mattresses. I normally take them when I’m camping with the boat but I only wanted to bring the basics. From now on Air mattresses is part of the basics. I did bring a sawzaw for cutting up firewood. That worked great.
Thanks. From a space standpoint we use these self inflating types. Roll up small and don’t require a pump. That said they are not as comfortable as the larger air mattresses. We having been using them since my kids got into scouting about 6 years ago and they have held up well. Outdoor gear is a little like boat gear in that it tends to be more expensive than you think it should be... :)