• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Can someone tell me the price of 2006 AR 230 Air Filters

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have just had a friend contact me from Koh Samui to ask me how much he should be paying for a pair if Air filters for his Boat, He's been quoted $220 each, I thought that sounded a bit rich and thought they were having his trousers down i told him i will ask the question, There is only 1 Yamaha dealer in Thailand and they just charge what the hell they like, That price just seems crazy.

Islandracing.net has them for 77 - 100....bucks. Sounds a little pricey to me.

Islandracing.net has them for 77 - 100....bucks. Sounds a little pricey to me.
Thanks for that, Are they the original Factory Filters ? Just because this company are the only Yamaha dealers in Thailand they tell me they can charge what they want, I need to look into these and find a replacement as they aren't anything technical quite straight forward really and why they sell them with all the plastic attached and not make them as just a replacement element is beyond belief, It will make a useful thread for the future i think.

This is the part 6B6-14451-01-00 US prices start around $80 per filter.

As our head of Asian recruiting I am surprised to hear that you have a friend with a Yamaha who is not on the forum?

Here is a link to Island Racing's page which contains after market cleanable / reusable air filters from R&D, Riva and Protec for between $77 and $100. They are about 3/4th of the way down the page.

http://www.islandracing.net/212230232.html

This is the part 6B6-14451-01-00 US prices start around $80 per filter.

As our head of Asian recruiting I am surprised to hear that you have a friend with a Yamaha who is not on the forum?

Bruce it's a long story, He works in Kirghistan and is selling his Boat he's had a lot of problems with it mainly due to bad maintenance and the fact that he's not at hand to monitor any work that being carried out, I help him as much as i can but he's 1200 miles away so i have to fly down there to do or advise on the jobs that are needed to be done, Local engineers there are about as useful as a one legged man in an Ass kicking competition.

@Geoff Cooper , I'm interested in how you handled this on your boat. Have you replaced your air filters yet?

@Geoff Cooper , I'm interested in how you handled this on your boat. Have you replaced your air filters yet?

I keep on top of jobs that i do on my Boat Ronnie, I use it quite a lot and have a set routine regarding maintenance and my filters are like new i take them out about once a month and just put the Airline through them it keeps them clean and in good shape.

IMG_2078.JPG

Last edited:
Be sure and tell your buddy to point the buyer here....

I still have original air filters in my 2005....and they also look like new. As many have stated....older boats never had air filters....its not like we are dealing with road dust/sand etc.

Be sure and tell your buddy to point the buyer here....

I still have original air filters in my 2005....and they also look like new. As many have stated....older boats never had air filters....its not like we are dealing with road dust/sand etc.
Yes mine are the original also i just take care of them, Don't worry i will have a word with him i shall see him soon.

Back