• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Can You Find The FAIL In This Picture

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
GREAT planning, horrible execution

When I took this picture I thought, "F yeah, this is going smooth." Then I started the process and realized my failure

**NOTE: THE OIL IN THE EXTRACTOR WAS IN THERE FROM WHEN I GRABBED IT FROM WORK, IT'S NOT FROM MY BOAT.

1979616_10203041758185494_829786042_n.jpg

Last edited:
How is that sound mat over the engine do? Does it really deaden that much sound

Lets see...You're not even half done with the job but you're half done with the beer. Yikes better get more beer.

You're changing oil with your carpet still installed?

How is that sound mat over the engine do? Does it really deaden that much sound
@Ronnie would better be able to answer that as I purchased the boat from him after HE did that, as well as covered the entire rest of the engine compartment in sound deadening materials. When I got the boat from him my first comment to him was, "wow, they are louder than that originally?!?!?" Now we have no issue talking but I'm sure it's just because we're all used to it etc.

I don't see an oil filter wrench, I can never get my filters off without one.

Not enough room to hold the oil you're going to extract? You won't be able to get an accurate measure of how much oil you took out?

I usually bring a 5 quart container that is empty...I put the dirty oil from the first engine in there so I can get an accurate measure on the second engine. The marina has a 100 or 200 gallon tank I can dump used oil in when I'm done.....pretty convenient. So I guess what I'm saying is you have no where to dump the dirty oil to get a good measure?

Agreed on the beer issue too.....down one already and the job isn't even started.

o_ONow I haven't ever changed oil in my boat, "Barely got my 10 hours last year before i had to winterize" so ima take a stab at it and say you dont have anyway to measure the oil to replace with? "since there was already oil in the extractor container.

All wrong, I was unable to even begin the process. Was a "DOH" experience for sure!

I don't see an oil filter wrench, I can never get my filters off without one.
@andy07sx230ho, @HidnNOS is using the K&N oil filters. The nice thing about them is they have a nut welded to the top of the filters allowing you to just use a regular adjustable wrench to remove them. Nice and easy.

All wrong, I was unable to even begin the process. Was a "DOH" experience for sure!
Wait a minute @HidnNOS You have to give me partial credit. You only have enough beer for one engine. ;)

not enough oil and/or beer??

I don't see and issue Don, other than the hose isn't plugged in yet. You may have a mess on your hands if you don't bring something to catch the oil after you remove the filters and you may have a hard time getting the filters off without a wrench but I doubt it.

As for the sound suppression, I think the entire box of it around the engines helps bring down the engine noise to a level that you can speak to others even when at cruise speed. It would still have a positive effect if the cover was removed but it wouldn't be as effective as it is now. I'm so certain of the efficacy of that setup that I just ordered $300 in similar material to do the same thing in my 242 LS's engine and fuel tank compartments.

Missing the pump that goes with the extractor?

No funnel either.

Easy to spot this fail... Leinenkugel. :eek:

Missing the pump that goes with the extractor?

No funnel either.
BINGO! I GRABBED THE OIL EXTRACTOR THAT USES SHOP AIR, NOT THE EXTRACTOR THAT HAS A PUMP. We have both at the shop, clearly I grabbed the wrong F'ing one. After this picture I took off the cap, inserted the tube, without looking back I used my left hand to look for the pump handle.... FAIL

LOL...I'd turn that fail into a one more boat ride with dirty oil and change it on the next trip. At least it wouldn't be a total fail.

I actually wasn't lazy like usual at the end of last year and actually changed my oil at the end of the year. I usually put it off so my future self has to deal with it before my first spring trip. Now this year all I have to do is burn off the fogging oil and then replace the spark plugs.

Back