• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cant Leave it "Stock"

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have a plan, but need a wiring diagram if anyone can help. I have a '16 212X, I want to take the dual key switches out, replace them with 2 lighted push button ignition buttons. Move the key switches to another spot, maybe near the throttles and install a toggle switch. The operation would work like this;
  • Insert a single key near the throttles somewhere that would enable power to the boat.
  • Mount a toggle switch on the right of the console somewhere near the ballast pump and 12v accessory plug, this would supply 12v to the starter switches and 12v accessory to the boat, like when you turn the keys but not to full start. I would use a "nitrous armed" covered toggle style switch.
  • Then 2 blue backlit pushbuttons for the engine starters.
    Any thoughts here? It is extra steps, but I like the look of things like this.
    Maybe a setup like my car, where there is a smart key that just needs to be near the receiver, not an actual key..

Back