• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can't see conversations after scammer used my account

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I didn't realize I was still using an old password that happened to be in a data breach, and someone used my account to post items for sale.

No conversations are available for me to see in my profile, although when @HangOutdoors replied to me this morning, I am now able to see the entire conversation. I also was not able to delete any of the original posts, only edit them, although I was able to delete the replies that I had in those threads. Any idea how those things are hidden from me still?

Trying to find out the extent of the damage to me and other members possibly here, since it seems the correspondence has been hidden from me somehow

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's an example, this is what I see right now, and the reply from Hangout doors was not there when I reset my password around 2:00 a.m. this morning

Screenshot_20220707-072449-045.png

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your account was reported as potentially compromised. When I checked the most recent activity was from European VPN servers so I changed your password and sent the password reset email.

Is your Gmail account also compromised?

I will delete the classified ads.

Not sure what is happening with conversation messages.

@jawsf16, what happened when you messaged?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On second thought I see that you edited the for sale threads well. I will leave them so that members who were interested will understand what happened.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm assuming you aren't really selling 2 $800 amps for $300 each? I sent a polite decline to a direct message.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They demanded payment immediately and listed three different PayPal emails to try. It started to feel sketchy and then @TimW451 messages me that it might be a scammer so I told them PP wouldn’t work and they sent several more emails to try to pay to. Then they tried to get me to send money a couple other ways. Then I reported it to y’all.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah..... I wanted to buy one, but the response was rude and definitely not what I come to expect from @drewkaree at all. Wanted payment right then and there if I was interested, when I DM'ed. Then I looked up the price and figured it was a scam, since most here would of paid close to full price from a well known member trying to sell something new, unopened that they couldn't return.

or Perhaps it was @drewkaree after a day of drinking trying to figure out how to keep the high priced gas in his boat: :winkingthumbsup" 2 amps = 2 tanks of gas.........

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your account was reported as potentially compromised. When I checked the most recent activity was from European VPN servers so I changed your password and sent the password reset email.

Is your Gmail account also compromised?

I will delete the classified ads.

Not sure what is happening with conversation messages.

@jawsf16, what happened when you messaged?
Sorry for the trouble caused by this 😕

Gmail account is fine, no issues there, thankfully, so at least I was able to get the password reset message, which is what tipped me off to something fishy going on.

Here's the latest from today, scokill's response caused that conversation to populate in the list. Is it possible to "hide" conversations? The only thing else I can think of is that they were deleted as responses were made by them

Screenshot_20220707-142238.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what it looks like when I try and hit the options. For the actual sale post, there is no option for me to delete it, only to edit it whereas the response further down the thread has the option for me to delete it as you can see with these pics.

Screenshot_20220707-143255-987.png

Screenshot_20220707-143326-753.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will take a look at the conversation messages tomorrow although I can not see what you see.

It seems likely that the unauthorized user(s) of your account were deleting conversation messages. Perhaps so that you would not notice their activity.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I really don’t like scammers/hackers…. There is a special place in Dante’s inferno waiting for them..

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@drewkaree, I only see three conversations during the period that your account was hacked. Looking at conversations that you started they remain open which I believe means they are not deleted.

What do you see at https://jetboaters.net/conversations/ ? You should see your old conversations there.

@TimW451, I believe you need to be aware of this thread.