• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Captain in training

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After 3 weeks of ownership we were finally able to break it in and my son was happy to start learning to operate it.

My son is a power junkie, so this is a whole different ball game vs. a Yamaha 150 outboard deck boat.

He immediately called his grandparents on both sides of the family to tell them all about the new boat when we got home.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congratulations, it's a great confidence builder for young adults,

just be sure to stress, anybody can drive fast, it's docking that people will think your a pro,

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Indeed, I'll be working on that during the summer during the weekdays when time allows.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You are going to love it when the kids do all the driving and you and the wife can snuggle in the bow.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Atta' boy!!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm starting the 7yr old on it already. He's still pretty hesitant though. I suspect he'll come around as he ages a little.

My overall goal is to have enough seat time with him driving both the truck and the boat, that we can toss him the keys when he's ready and not have to worry the whole time he's away. Building that trust will take time, but I think it'll be worth it.