• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Captains seat cracked

mbalogh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

I'm having the interior of my 2007 AR230 HO redone and when they took the captain seat apart, they discovered that where the hinged bolster attaches to the seat it was badly cracked. Has anyone else seen this issue? What did you do to repair it? Or can I get a replacement core for this seat? I'm doing custom colors on the interior so buying a new stock seat isn't really an option. Thanks in advance!

Mike

IMG_0883.jpeg
IMG_0884.jpeg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I refilled it with foam from the store and reinforced the bolts with alumum plates on both sides, so the bolt actually goes through the seat. It was hard to match perfectly, i think the bolster is 3mm higher than before, but only I can tell. It's much stronger now with the through bolts.

Maybe others have addressed a different way, hopefully you get more replies.

mbalogh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was kind of thinking along the same lines in terms of how to fix it, glad to hear it worked for you. Thank you for the reply! I'll let everyone know how it goes.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would reinforce with a larger aluminum plate or try a plastic welding kit. I think you can get them at Harbor Freight or of course Amazon. Some plastics take better to welding than others.

mbalogh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the ideas, I wasn't aware a plastic welding kit existed.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd go with 1/8" aluminum plate glued to the top of the base, then run the bolts through so the plastic essentially holds no pressure compared to the AL.