• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Carbon Ring Broken/Worn?

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello @all,

i drive today and see an the evening a black line by my right engine, only by this, the other is clean.
Have someone this problem in the past?

Attachments

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check the driveline visually. Make sure the rubber boot over the PTO and drive shaft is intact.
Is there a grease fitting there?

Send more pictures.

Best of luck.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know about that... Seeing how you pulled it out, which is no small feat... Did you change the carbon ring and clean the face of the floating ring before putting it back? It should be so clean and shiny like a mirror.

Bottom looks ok but the black marks on the bottom ring suggest something is not quite perfect. Maybe it ran hot for a little while, or maybe it just wore faster.

I haven't had a boat with a carbon ring for a long time, so let's wait for other more knowledgeable members to chime in...