• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

carpet cleaning

I typically just hose it off and let it hang over a ladder. If I have a stubborn stain/dirt we have a "Little Green Clean Machine" carpet cleaner I use on it. Only done that once though as the hose with a normal garden sprayer does the trick 99% of the time.

well, you didn't specify, how was I to know....

I've found that a pressure washer and sun works great. Gets rid of the dirt and sand along with the funky wet carpet smell.

Wet carpet.. Spray with awesome spray cleaner.. Scrub with rv brush.. Stiff brush for stubborn stains.. Hose off... Shop vac excess water.. Hang to dry. Edited to state I remove the carpet first.

Last edited:
We just hose off and if required use carpet cleaner in a bad spot (only had one spot to deal with so far). The carpet get dry very quickly. Most of the time we don't even take it up just hose it off.

I pull mine and take the carpet clean to it a couple times a season, then let it dry really well in the sun.

Wet carpet.. Spray with awesome spray cleaner.. Scrub with rv brush.. Stiff brush for stubborn stains.. Hose off... Shop vac excess water.. Hang to dry. Edited to state I remove the carpet first.

I have never seen or heard of awesome spray cleaner.

152664.jpg

Well lookie here! It IS awesome spray cleaner! Google is your friend! lol

well, you didn't specify, how was I to know....

I've found that a pressure washer and sun works great. Gets rid of the dirt and sand along with the funky wet carpet smell.
X2 works for me every time.

152664.jpg

Well lookie here! It IS awesome spray cleaner! Google is your friend! lol
Great stuff, keep a bottle on the boat, I find it at the Dollar Store or Walmart.

I had a bottle of "Rug Dr" cleaning solution left over from the last time we cleaned the house carpets. So I wet the carpets with the house, sprayed them down with the Rug Dr spray, and then after 10 minutes or so hit them with a pressure washer. They came out looking brand new. I have to wonder what Yamaha coats them with, because it's the only substance in the world that hold off Georgia Red Clay!

Just be careful with the pressure washer...

I have never seen or heard of awesome spray cleaner.
@mattschepker .. I highly recommend you buy some. This stuff will clean the interior of a car like nothing else I have ever used. Awesome on door panels. $1.00 per qt sprayer at any General Dollar can also buy refill in gallons. I use the spray bottles for other things when empty.

I usually just vacuum and then rinse down with the hose to clean. But if there's any stains I use simple green, scrub brush and rinse with hose.

I would just hang to dry when wet unless they get sandy or dirty. Then I remove, hose off with nozzle pressure only, mix a bucket of common liquid laundry detergent mild in a 5 gallon bucket with water, use the boat brush to brush it into the carpets, then use a stiff floor brush to work on the stained area, then hose off completely until sudsing stops, shop vac the water out as much as possible, hang to dry from one end. Will dry over night that way. Do not leave wet carpet in the boat, it will mildew.

Back