• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Carpets stink! Clean or replace?

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all,

After some rain, more rain, some torrential rain and a little more rain to start September my carpets were wet pretty much non stop...now as you can imagine, the stink is nasty.

How would I even start to get the smell out or is it a case of replacing them?
Id like seadeck but its pretty expensive, what other options are out there??

Thanks!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seadeck is 30% off with the group buy until the end of the month. You won’t regret it.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do they still stink when dry? If they do I'd spray them down good with Simply Green and scrub them with a deck brush. Then rinse well with a normal hose nozzle and hang them to dry. If they still stink after that spray them down with Fabreeze and lay them out in the sun. I wouldn't give up on them yet. I still have my original carpet in my 06, but I store indoors and don't let them get very wet unless I'm cleaning them.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd definitely hop on the seadek train. Annoying to spend big money on the boat at the end of the season, but well worth it IMO. Otherwise, can probably take them to a laundromat and use on of those big ol machines, and hang to dry.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go Seadek. Best investment, best mod. You will love your boat even more.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It comes by the case on Amazon Prime! Pressure wash from the back side to blow the stink out, then febreeze the bejezus out of it..... Or go Seadek

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When mine got nasty last year I used dawn soap in the driveway with a scrub brush and water hose. Suds up real well and cuts through the grime. Looked good as new and no more stink. Now throughout the season I spray carpet deodorizer and keep a fan on them after every outing.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SeaDek. I love the look and feel of carpet but ran into the same issues you did. Go SeaDek. Ask will to do a thicker mat (cozy on the feet) and combine as many pieces as possible to give it a carpet look. And then don’t look back. Getting caught in storms is no issue now or having to deal with wet carpets all together.

Last edited:

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The factory carpet on the SX240 has a foam backing - can't be machine washed or pressure washed. Anyone have ideas to clean it? I've been letting the soap soak in each time I was the boat, then remove and dry in the sun.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Go SeaDek and don't look back. it only takes a couple of hours to install.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SeaDek group buy FTW. . . . . Do it. . .and let the English see you do it.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It might stop raining here for 2 minutes tomorrow so I’m going to try scrubbing the Bejeebus out of them...if they still stink...seadeck

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put in driveway soak the carpets with fresh water. I mix laundry detergent and water. Pour mixture all over the carpet. Brush in, soak and rinse. Once done hang dry. Seems to be working for my 2010.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
A vinegar soak will get rid of the smell. Pour 1 quart vinegar in the bath tub, fill with water and soak carpets a few hours. Rinse well.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Simply green, dish soap, hot water and some elbow grease got the job done, however, they took 2 solid days to dry and look as clean as new.

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Ultimate carpet clean & protect of Star brite, used this on our pontoon boat carpet and it worked wonders on an area near the back of the boat. The carpet looks like new! So glad I found this cleaner. Highly recommend!