• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Catalyst housing for my Rotax 1503 size 250

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The housing for my catalyst converter cracked (its a Rotax 1503 size 250 for my Scarab boat) and its leaking water. Please let me know if anyone have one for sale new or used, housing or full assembly.9ECBDB3E-8B75-4783-9DA5-9EF2957C4A25.jpeg2965E2A2-ECE3-4316-B6E6-3A8B51AF0D13.jpeg893CAFD8-0E3E-47D4-A81F-862437D9854D.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just putting this out there...Could this be welded?

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
So regardless that it "might" be covered under warranty, you'll attempt to weld it.
I'd call your nearest dealer, or a few and see if it falls under the bulletin issue...

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Even if my warranty is expired?

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
While dealer and Rotax replay I'll try to weld it. Any one have any idea about the material of this housing?

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Even if my warranty is expired?
I was told by my dealer that it's a sort of soft recall, only recognized when it fails, and would be addressed/fixed at no charge to the original owner if and when it fails.

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The two local dealers in south florida don’t even had quoted the parts, they say are waiting for Rotax. And Rotax dont help unless I have a part #, formal channel its a dead end. Fortunately the piece is aluminum and It was welded and reworked. Can any one help me to get the torque for the screws and the gasket part#?

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
The two local dealers in south florida don’t even had quoted the parts, they say are waiting for Rotax. And Rotax dont help unless I have a part #, formal channel its a dead end. Fortunately the piece is aluminum and It was welded and reworked. Can any one help me to get the torque for the screws and the gasket part#?
im in south Florida as well and had mine Replaced under warranty. You can go to any Riva Yamaha or Even Broward motor sports now services Scarabs.

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
im in south Florida as well and had mine Replaced under warranty. You can go to any Riva Yamaha or Even Broward motor sports now services Scarabs.
Was your std warranty expired?

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Does anybody know if you can just obtain the part under the recall?

I am having the same trouble with finding mechanics.
No one will work on my boat to honor the recall on this catalytic.

I am forced to purchase the new O-rings resurface the mating surfaces if its even possible and cross my fingers.
What a joke.

I bought my boat brand new from the dealer and was never informed of this recall through proper channels.
My own dealer is not even a BRP certified and does not even have the BUDS SW from BRP.
The local Scarab dealer just simply said "we don't work on those."

Would be nice to just get a new Catalytic shipped for me to swap.
Does anybody know if you can just obtain the part under the recall?

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Does anybody know if you can simply bypass the catalytic with an exhaust component from a non catalytic model?

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I say you call BRP inform them of the servicer situation, and see of they can send you in a direction to an authorized servicer, or you may have to call Glastron to do the same.

Capture.JPG

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
At the end I never got any type of support from the dealer, scarab or BRP. The housing was repaired and we had to use Hitemp silicone because they even did not reply about the orings. So far is working great.
Here are some tips, since I got a failiure in one O2 sensor I had to get it from the dealer part# 0461576 and guess what the f.. sensor comes with the housing orings and no one can tell you that...
If the dealers do not have it in stock you can order it in amazon (w/o oring kit) with under Bosch 18127 Oxygen Sensor or part# 0258006956

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
A little research on the part number from the catalog listed above, does describe sensor, and O ring assy.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
At the end I never got any type of support from the dealer, scarab or BRP.
This is criminal.
Glastron ignored me, BRP closed my case without giving any answers, and NO dealer withing 100 miles will touch my boat.
Its pathetic.
Thank you for posting your resolution.
Looks like I will be forced to start wrenching again.
Sounds like the start of a class action to me.

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
A little research on the part number from the catalog listed above, does describe sensor, and O ring assy.

View attachment 150942
Just as a referecence I paid $88 bucks for the same item at the dealer, they had it in stock. And $79 for the other part# (sensor without the orings)@ Amazon. Both the same sensor.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
There must be an underlying issue or circumstance surrounding the lack of support from the dealers. Even though a dealer may be a Rotax authorized service center, IE: Chaparral, Scarab, or Glastron, it's my understanding that regardless of the Rotax propulsion there are specific and multiple licensure requirements for each boat brand. To sell the brand, to service the electronics, and possibly sell the parts. I am unsure if there is a general BUDS license allowing access to all boat manufacture platforms. From what I understand, there may be a BUDS license for each manufacture brand regardless that it's still Rotax powered.
On the other hand in the past I have asked my Scarab dealer, if I ever need service for this same issue would they be willing to make the part replacement, and they have said yes.