• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cave Run Kentucky

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My family and I are taking our boat down to Cave Run the end of June. Just wanted to find out if any of you Kentucky boaters ever go to Cave Run. Trying to find the best place to launch from and good places to go while there.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let me know! It's not too terribly far from me but I've never been. I'll update you if we make it there before the end of June!

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Better watch out for Bigfoot up there...lol, supposed "sightings" a few years back around Cave Run Lake. Seriously, supposed to be a gorgeous lake but never boated there. Let us know what it's like.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have boated on Cave Run quite a bit, a really pretty lake. I have only launched at the main ramp closest to the interstate which I believe is the Scott Creek ramp. There isn't a ton to do around the lake, but that's always been fine by me. There is a decent barbecue spot on the main road on the way in, but otherwise bring your own food and entertainment. If you are ever interested in a place that is about the same distance from you as Cave Run you should come and check out Laurel. At either Laurel or Cave Run make sure and purchase a Daniel Boone parking pass at a gas station in the area. Its a decently large fine if you are caught without one and they aren't too expensive for a 3 day pass.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Johmas50 Thanks for the info, I will definitely make sure I pick up a parking pass. I have been camping there a few times when I was young, but a long time ago.

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cave Run is where I primarily boat. The best place to launch is definitely Scott Creek Boat Ramp which is located just before Scott Creek Marina. The other ramp I would use is located at Twin Knobs camp ground which is about 2 miles from Scotts Creek by road. The BBQ place referenced above has taken over the grill at Scotts Creek marina so you can get food and eat on the lake if you want. There is also a Subway located at the Sharkey Farmers Exit 133 on I-64. We stop there on the way up and get sandwiches for lunch then get BBQ for dinner. If your going that way let me know and maybe we can meet up for a day on the water.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Curious about Cave run. Just got our boat last month and have only been out once which was a planned trip in Canada. I'm wanting to get out again and trying to get a feel of outings (weekend trips or day trips). Live in Cincinnati. Recommendations. Lodging? Thanks

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Curious about Cave run. Just got our boat last month and have only been out once which was a planned trip in Canada. I'm wanting to get out again and trying to get a feel of outings (weekend trips or day trips). Live in Cincinnati. Recommendations. Lodging? Thanks
Welcome Bedlamfirm...the best place I have found to put in is Scotts Creek Boat Ramp. Make sure you buy a National Forest parking pass for either a 1 day 3 day or seasonal before you get to the lake though. You can buy these at the BP station at Sharkey Farmers Exit 133 on I-64 which is also next to the Comfort Inn & Suites (606) 780-7378 . This is where we stay if we are doing an overnight stay they have a hot breakfast and a pool too. It is about 5-10 minutes from the boat ramp. The BP station also has a Subway sandwich shop if you want to grab sandwiches for lunch or dinner. There is also a Yamaha shop across the street now however I have never stopped in to see what they have or what they service. They do have jetskis there along with other Yamaha 4 wheel toys.

We plan on being on the lake this Saturday if you guys come up there let me know. If not this weekend let me know a weekend you are planning to be there and I will see if we can make it and show you around a little bit. Always good to see another Yamaha on the water.

Tom

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So finally getting out to Cave Run Labor Day weekend. Don't be shy if you see us out. Will be out with a friend in a Glastron (non jet) and a friend with a Four Winn (non jet). Nonetheless a good time planned.