• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cedar Creek, TX July 4th

dyfanf

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know holidays on the lake are crazy, but anyone planning on going to Cedar Creek for the airshow and fireworks?
Last year it wasn't too crowded and everyone behaved. By dark there were a handful of boats on the water and we had 360 degree fireworks show for well over an hour. I'm betting it id more crowded this year -- thinking of paying to use a ramp at a marina to hopefully avoid the clownfest that seems to always ensue at the free, public ramps.

Nice airshow too! Thunder Over Cedar Creek Lake Airshow

Jlhtec

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm also betting it'll be more crowded this year. Last year my VRBO stayed empty during the weekdays. This year we are booked solid. Back to back checkouts/checkins. Any open days, and it gets booked in 45 minutes or less. Crazy!

Btw... Lonestar Marina is directly across from the airshow. Easy in/out.

Thanks,
Jeff

dyfanf

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm also betting it'll be more crowded this year. Last year my VRBO stayed empty during the weekdays. This year we are booked solid. Back to back checkouts/checkins. Any open days, and it gets booked in 45 minutes or less. Crazy!

Btw... Lonestar Marina is directly across from the airshow. Easy in/out.

Thanks,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff! I was actually look at Lonestar. To me the $10 fee is worth it if it discourages the clueless... :)
Of course, I'm clueless sometimes too, but I tried to educate myself about etiquette as much as possible before ever going to the ramp! :cool:
(Yes, I'm an over-thinker)

AT4TX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We have a house at Cedar Creek but no boat...Ha! 😭 Anyways we spent the 4th drinking at the neighborhood launch and saw a fair amount of wtf. The winner was a dude with a ‘90s waverunner launching from an equally dated utility trailer, he busted the trailer deck trying to rock it off.🤦‍♂️