• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cell coverage on the Raleigh lakes

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all- I’m looking for your experience with different cell providers and coverage on the lakes. Currently looking to consolidate the admiral and I plus add a kid’s phone. The cell phone is part of the boating safety net, plus we stream music and coordinate with picking up guests so lake coverage is an important factor in the cell provider decision.

I’ll go first:

Currently I have Verizon, coverage is excellent on Jordan and Harris, zero complaints. Not enough trips to Falls or other lakes to comment. Other factors are pushing me to switch providers though.

Ending about two years ago I had t-mobile for several years. Coverage on Jordan was spotty at best, which is why I switched. I also had poor coverage at the coast. But maybe that has changed?

Thanks!

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AT&T here. No issues with coverage on Jordan and Falls Lake. I'm looking to change provider too, just to see if I can reduce the monthly cost (4 lines + car). Good to know that Verizon provide a good service there.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have AT&T and have been all over Jordan and Harris. No cell issues there. I have a buddy up at Gaston and he has Verizon. He has some spots up there he doesn't get a signal, but recently AT&T added a tower and I have great service all over that lake. Which up until the last probably 3 years I had crap service there. I'd have to walk to the end of his boat house to get a signal to call anyone. LOL!