• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Certified Mechanic in the Rockwall, TX DFW Area

allenrobbins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Needing some referrals for a mechanic in the Rockwall, TX Area or DFW Area. I have a 2006 AR230 that needs work. Phill Dill Marine in Lewisville won't work on anything 10+ years old. They gave me an independat mechanics number and I have left a message. Waiting for a reply.

Was reaching out to see if there is anyone else around.

Sucked up a ski rope at speed that someone dropped in the lake. wound it tight with the ski rope handle tight against the hull. got it all cut out after an hour of bruised knuckles. Got back to the dock, things started running rough, engine compartment and ski locker filled to the deck with water. bilge finally caught up and back up on the lift. Worried about seals, bearing, bent impeller, etc.. I have a trailer and can get the boat anywhere in the DFW area. Just need some referrals.

thanks all!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hmmm, Phil Dill a Yamaha boat dealer and doesn't support their brand over 10 years old, what a shame, I thought they were a reliable dealer ?? what a disappointment, consider that if you're shopping for a boat from them,

I would drop it back in the water with the engine not running and look thru the man hole covers and also in the engine compartment at the intermediate bearing to see if you can see where water is coming in, if none, idle the engine and observe,

Have you looked at the intake area from underneath to confirm there is no fiberglass damage ?

allenrobbins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes, it was disappointing. but, I think I'd rather reply on a reputation than a dealer. got a couple of leads going.

I dropped It back in the water at idle and high idle and water was coming into the boat.

while on the lift, water level did not change, so I don't think there is any fiberglass damage.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boy, that is disappointing that Phil Dill won't work on it. I bought my boat new from them and had great experience the few times I needed to take it to them. I guess if a major issue arises I'll be looking for an independent too. I already have a fiberglass guy that's independent and way closer to me then P.D. Good luck with your repair. Please let us know what you find out. What lake were you on when this happened?

allenrobbins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was on Ray Hubbard. Finally got to speak with the excellent people at Dales Jet Sports. www.dalesjetsports.com they are booked solid into next year. So he referred me to Precision Marine in Lavon. They can get me in next week.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was on Ray Hubbard. Finally got to speak with the excellent people at Dales Jet Sports. www.dalesjetsports.com they are booked solid into next year. So he referred me to Precision Marine in Lavon. They can get me in next week.
I'm sure you're on top of this, but be sure to get some reviews on this Precision Marine outfit. When one place is booked out for months and the next can get you in in a few days that's a red flag to me. Either one isn't managing their time well or the other has a bad reputation.

allenrobbins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear ya, Dales is regarded as the best in the area by many, he recommended Precision. They sub out specialty stuff yo each other.

Barron

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hear ya, Dales is regarded as the best in the area by many, he recommended Precision. They sub out specialty stuff yo each other.
I would also like to know how your experience with them is. I bought my 08 from Phil Dill and was needing someone to find out why I’m leaking oil like a sieve. I live north of Ray Roberts and would be willing to run it over to Lavon if needed.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's good to know that there are reputable mechanics in the area in case I have issues with my 'vintage' Yamaha. I figured there would be at least a couple in the area with all the lakes around. Hope they can get it figured out quickly and it's not too expensive.

Hugo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Wylie so please let m know how your experience with Precision Marine goes. It would be awesome to have a reliable mechanic that close to me. Good looking boat by the way.