• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Chaparral at Boatshow

fairpilot

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went to Boat show in Orlando Fl yesterday, looking for new boat, saw chaparral 223 scoured it pretty good and did a little write up in chaparral section.

I looked at the Chaparrals and the Scarabs as well as the Yamahas yesterday as well. IMO, the Chaps and Scabs will have to change their layouts to better suit those used to the Yamaha swim platforms. I was really digging the hinged seats on the new Yammis. The Connex system I wish they had done differently.

I feel the Scarabs need to make some changes i really did not like the step over the transom onto seats, I dont believe i would get the Medallion smart touch screen(chaparral) or the the Connext system (yamaha), these systems seem to control entire boat and could fail causing loss of everything, i think i would prefer the good old gauges and swithes, just my opinion. I actually thought the 223 VR had a great platform and seating.

Besides being so much quieter the Connext is next best thing I like. Connext is made by Murphy instruments and they have outstanding reliability. There are redundant switches below the display. They will supposedly still work if the screen goes out. I took my dash out to install my amps and you could change out the connext in less than a half hour. I guess those hinged seats rank right up there to though.

yes i did like the hinged seats that is a great feature, but what if we are not buying a 240 series, no hinged seats, no connext. I am thinking either Yamaha 212SS or Chaparral 223, what i did not like about 212SS is passenger seat is elevated and wife cant touch the floor, thats no good you cant ride with feet dangleing. maybe i will build a box or small cooler to ride there for feet.
Only the 240 series is quieter, other series Yamaha's are about the same it looks like. My hang up may be the clean out ports. I use them quite often in FL

Back