• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral Vortex 203...Where's my drain plug?

JetBoat Geo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not boat engine savvy at all, please help!

I need to put fresh coolant in my starboard engine, as the coolant was so low last time out we had to put some fresh water in the reservoir to stop from overheating...not sure why it was so low, hope I don't have a leak!

So my question...where's the drain plug? Also, anything common with these motors that I need to check that might be causing this problem? I just recently got it back from the marina after they put in a new O2 sensor and (2) new catalytic converters. Thanks in advance!!
(I have a 2016 Vortex 203 w/twin 150s.)

If any of this sounds stupid or doesn't make sense...please see line 1. :)

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
2A17C95D-9089-4BC4-952F-08D6EB64F47D.jpeg

The drain plug is on the cooling plate. It’s a 3/16 hex or Allen nut. The white seal around it is waterproof/ removable loctite. Don’t know that number off hand but if you can’t find let me know. I have it in my boat box of tools somewhere. But just tighten the Allen nut first. Or really first tighten the tubes connected to the antifreeze container. Might have a leak there. The picture here is from someone who has a slow leak and just tightening the nut fixed his issues. Good luck

JetBoat Geo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
And welcome to the forum!
Awesome, Thanks! Pretty easy when you know where to look!! Do I need to do anything special to drain it, or just be on an incline and pop the coolant reservoir caps?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Yes. Basically it. Watch this.
Check out this guys winterize and othe videos. Good info. Engines on seadoo is same as our boats.

JetBoat Geo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes. Basically it. Watch this.
Check out this guys winterize and othe videos. Good info. Engines on seadoo is same as our boats.
Great video...easy to follow...going to do it now!