1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chapter 3 - CONNEXT "ERR" Message

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR240, SX240, 242 Limited / S / X/ E-Series' started by captras, Jul 15, 2017.

1. captras

captras Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +569 / 29
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Well, for the third time now, my connext system is screwed up. Once again, the GPS is losing signal which results in an ERR message on my speed. This, in turn, causes the engines to momentarily throttle down when in the DRIVE mode. Once again, this feature, that Yamaha says is so great, is unuseable because the GPS connection is unreliable. Dealer has been contacted, but I am not going to take my boat out of the water for the rest of the season while Yamaha tries, once again, to figure this out. It worked fine for about 5-8 hours, then began the same issues as in the past 2 events. Seems like from new, to the first failure, to the second failure, then to this last failure, it takes about 5-10 hours for the system to begin to fail. Fortunately, I can do without this feature for the rest of the season! But Yamaha needs to get its deffication in an orderly sequence (get its S**t together) and resolve these CONNEXT issues!

• Bummer Dude!!!! Bummer Dude!!!! x 2
  2. David James

David James New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    I have the exact same issue. Took it in and dealer of course said 'We can't duplicate it, must be GPS interference." I'm like, Interference in the Middle of a Lake? I now have this video to show them, plus I'm going to show them this thread. Hopefully, they will fix it. I just bought the boat 4 months ago. If you listen close, you'll hear the engine cut out when the display goes to Err.

3. fraserjr

fraserjr Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +150 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Did anyone ever find a resolution to this issue? I don't use drive control or cruise control much but would still like to address this issue if we have discovered the root cause and how to solve it.