• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Charger inlet ports, what are you using and where?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am installing a dual battery charger and want to install a male plug somewhere on the boat to plug the female end of an extension cord into.

What are you using and are you happy with it? Bonus points for pictures!

I am considering a White 15 Amp 125V On-Board Charger Inlet - Front Mount Part # 150BBIW mounted on a vertical surface probably inside the boat.

169699-2388.jpg

Hmmm, you guys are determined to make me spend money aren't you?

Only thing is, with the boat stored indoors a bazillion miles from home I always bring my batteries home with me. Yeah, a royal pain in the arse, but it keeps them alive - as long as I don't forget to bring them with me when we go out I'm good.

What charger are you going with?

I bought a Guest 2610A. There are lots of good chargers. I mainly selected this one because I found a deal on it.
71WUXsMYPqS._SL1500_.jpg

And it's a good unit to boot! Had a big Honkin' Guest unit on the big sailboat. Never had a problem with it.

I bought a dual bank Guest unit last year based on Internet research and local availability. No regrets yet!

im using the outlet that lets you shove your cord in the boat through the inlet/outlet hole. when needed you just pull out the cord and plug it in. great for going to different slips, you always have your cord with you.

Here's mine. Its under the rear top hatch on the "classic 230". The hatch still closes even with the cord plugged in
CIMG3366.jpg

CIMG3365.jpg

I put mine down low near the rub rail because I'd put my boat in the slip, cover her all up, and then go "@#$% I forgot to plug her in!". In the position I put the plug, I can pull the cover up, and plug an extension cord in and done (I keep the cord in the dock box when not in use). Only problem I have now is that with the Airdock, I have to pull in forwards....so I have to route a new way now when on the airdock!

I have the guest charger also, solid unit. My unit us mounted on the forward interior wall (under the seats, below the glove box). The male plug is mounted on the opposite wall (under the glove box and just inside the storage door opposite the helm).

Since I added an anchor light to my Tower there was no need for the "Pole Anchor Light" inlet that came with the boat. So I converted that hole to a battery charger inlet. Now it's plug and play. Charges all 7 batteries over night. Maintains them year around as well. I had the mooring cover tailored with a velcro flap over the inlet as well.

I use four Pro Charging systems onboard.

http://www.dualpro.com

Since I added an anchor light to my Tower there was no need for the "Pole Anchor Light" inlet that came with the boat. So I converted that hole to a battery charger inlet. Now it's plug and play. Charges all 7 batteries over night. Maintains them year around as well. I had the mooring cover tailored with a velcro flap over the inlet as well.

I use four Pro Charging systems onboard.

http://www.dualpro.com
That is clean. I like that you have your battery level indicators at the helm as well. Your boat get's nicer with every picture you share. Although these may be the most boring yet. ;)

Works from either side and this is always under my cover. I have the charger in the lower back of my engine compartment.

WP_20130801_001_1.jpg

WP_20130801_005.jpg

That is clean. I like that you have your battery level indicators at the helm as well. Your boat get's nicer with every picture you share. Although these may be the most boring yet. ;)

Thanks!

@davel501 Any issues with the charger in the engine bay? I like that set up and might switch over.

@davel501 Any issues with the charger in the engine bay? I like that set up and might switch over.

It was a pain to install there but it was the perfect distance from heat sources but it was a pain to install there but it gets good ventilation but it was a pain to install there but it is easy to see and check the status lights but it was a pain to install there. :)

All kidding aside, you have to make sure that your charger is able to be set back far enough from the heat of the engines and that it is rated for use in a compartment that may contain fuel vapors. I looked all over the boat and that was the best spot I could come up with to install it to get proper ventilation and be able to see the status lights.

Back