• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ChargerGuy.com

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great and Welcome! I've been contemplating installing an onboard charger.

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello! My name is Jason Guarino, and I am happy to be part of JetBoaters.net

Charge Guy is all about BATTERY CHARGERS!
I can help you with Dry Mount, Waterproof, multi bank, and multi voltage chargers. I have chargers suited for live aboard, fishing, and every day charging. Also, everything I offer are "Smart Chargers". Plug in, walk away, and never have to worry about anything over charging. Many of my Chargers are UNDER $100 and most run 50-70% off retail from your local big box marine store.

I WELCOME charging questions.
Feel free to post on the forum any questions you may have. If you want to keep the conversation private, my email is Sales at ChargerGuy.com or you can also call/text me at 727-488-8575 anytime.

After doing this for over 8 years, I has seen quite a bit. Bad Installs, lack of knowledge, and general questions. I truly want to make sure that you have a safe boating experience, even if that means I do not have the right product for you and need to point you to another seller. There are a lot of common misconceptions about chargers and old school thinking. If you have not heard from an expert, so not assume anything. Water and electricity do not mix.

Our site is ChargerGuy.com
Which has many FAQ's about charging. It also has a link to our ebay store. If you work directly with me for a sale, I can knock 8-10% off my own eBay prices. We have the lowest prices on the planet as I specialize in Factory Re-Manufactured or Factory Tested Chargers. We also back everything with a warranty and will exchange warranty items fast and at our expense. Don't believe it? Check out 8 years of next to flawless eBay Feedback.

What does Re-Manufactured mean?
Basically if someone walks into a big box marine store and buys a charger for $350, they can return it for any reason back to that same marine store. That marine tore cannot resell it as new, so they send it back to the factory. The factory tests, repairs if necessary, and sells it heavily discounted to re-sellers like me. I then turn around and sell that charger to you for $80-$120.

Are there warranties?
Charger Guy backs everything for 90 Days to 1 Year, depending on the product.

So please feel free to reach out to me if you have any question. I am here to help!

Jason

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sort of entertaining getting one of the 1240I's that you have listed.

Couldn't find to much in the way of reviews on the product online though...can you give me your thoughts on this compared to some of the other chargers out there?

Also, what is the warranty period you offer for that one?

Thank you!!
Josh

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Josh, happy to help.

The ProTech i series is a great dry mount charger for most 12v setups. The three banks support up to two batteries per bank and will drop to a maintain mode per bank if it is full. It will also send the unused amps to a bank(s) that are still charging.
I have sold hundreds in 2014 alone with minimal problems. At $99, it is a steal and when the opportunity came to get them in bulk, I got them all.

Feel free to tell me about your setup, battery type, voltages, and needs. I can tell you if this is right or not.

thanks!
Jason

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Jason, that does seem like a good price for a 3 bank charger!
I know, I've spent much more than that before.

I'll have to take a look at that. Although I probably have around a dozen different chargers, I could use a three bank in my garage to take care of all the little powersports batteries I have.:cool:

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Glassman. That is about as good as it gets for those, especially with a warranty.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going to order one. Do you have the connection cables, etc that would be needed as well or should I get them from another source?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm going to order one. Do you have the connection cables, etc that would be needed as well or should I get them from another source?
That I do not have, sorry. Just about any Marine store will carry marine grade wiring.
If you want that charger for $90 + Shipping, please message me your paypal email and I will send an invoice. If you prefer to go that ebay, that is perfect fine, but the price is $99 over there.

thanks!
Jason

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just got my charger today, fast shipping and arrived in perfect condition!!!

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad to hear it. Please let me know if I can help more.
Jason

Purplebeast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a charger question.. If you buy a three bank charger but only have two batteries, will it hurt the charger not to hook up the last bank? Can you just tape those leads and leave them?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a charger question.. If you buy a three bank charger but only have two batteries, will it hurt the charger not to hook up the last bank? Can you just tape those leads and leave them?
Yes. Correct. Insulate each of the two leads from each other from the "unused" bank, and then insulate that pair from anything else.
Wrap the leads into a nice little bundle, keeping things neat, and then put a couple plastic tie wraps around your bundle.
Nothing to worry about at all. Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - I have a Minn-Kota MK-330PC, which is a three-bank charger, and I also have done what you've asked about..

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Purplebeast
Yes, you can use a 3 bank charger on two batteries. With no disrespect to @MikeyL, please do not assume you tape off the ends. About 95% of today smart chargers need to have all banks connected to complete the circuit. You would double up the leads on one of the batteries. Taping off the ends mean the circuit would not complete, thus the batteries will not charge. This is how all prosports, XPS, cabellas, and just about every waterproof charger out there works.

Bottom line, check the manual to be sure with what to do with the unused bank.

If I can help more, please let me know.
Thank you
Jason

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ChargerGuy , what would you recommend for a solar powered battery tender? Single battery. Boat stored on a lift so it could be mounted to the lift, or contained within the boat.

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@motorboater, sorry, I do not deal with solar at all so my knowledge is really limited there. I cannot suggest a specific model.
Be sure though to get a controller to prevent over charging. Often these charger are more about keeping the battery topped off vs true charging as they do not have the power to full charge a dead battery in a reasonable amount of time.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My information came DIRECTLY from Minn Kota customer support, @ their home office in Minnesota. It was re-confirmed today.
Maybe their chargers have a better design.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA