• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chartplotter Size

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Today I made cardboard cutouts for different chartplotters/mfd's to see which would be most appropriate where I want to put it. Not sure if this would be helpful for anyone else, but thought I would share just in case. I compared the Simrad GO7, Simrad GO9, Axiom 9, Axiom 9 pro, Axiom 12, and Axiom 12 pro. Most other units fall pretty close to one of those in measurements, so that gave me a pretty good idea of what I was working with. Behind the unit will be my analog tachs which are redundant due to the connext, so I don't mind covering them up. Hope this saves someone some time.

7inch.jpg GO9.jpg 12or9pro.jpg Axiom12pro.jpg

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wanderer Thank you for the info as I am looking a 7 inch Simrad or Garmin. I am curious as to how you intend to mount it.
Thanks[flag]

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am happy with where I mounted my go7

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't be so quick to cover up the tachs. I wanted to do the same but there have been a few times when going slow where one engine stalled and it didn't realize it until I glanced at the tachs. They're much easier to see quickly than the conext screen.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@subysti totally correct, with my install you can still see the tachs, I look at pretty often01cdf46ed538e0fd300a8fd29c1fea84ab35c9bddf.jpg 01e7ee848dc333a4940a43cf3af8073b5d749a345c.jpg pretty often