• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chartplotter/VHF pairing

aceofbase

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am installing a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2 chartplotter on my 2013 SX 240HO. I bought a Lowrance link 8 VHF radio which "talks" to the chartplotter. I also bought the stern transducer that includes structure scan, I think its the LSS2. I will also be installing a 1 meter VHF antenna on my wakeboard tower. I operate in a marine environment and the ICW on a regular basis and in tidal areas. I have a handheld as a back up, but experience has taught me that I should never be without a good marine VHF and antenna high up. The chartplotter is mostly a toy as i know where I am but I got it for "free" so what the heck. Does anyone know if the engines have a nema 2000 output? If so, I can display engine info on the chartplotter.

I have used the boat 3 time now since I got it last month and I can tell you its been an adjustment. I operated a 21 foot mariah with a mercruiser stern drive before this. EVERYONE in my area has a center console fishing boat with an outboard. We however like to sit down, do water sports and we dont fish very much. Anyway, I am still learning how to back up, avoid obstacles and dock without scratching anything.

In the mean time, I will finish these mods. I am going to adds some more LED lighting in the cockpit and under the bimini and some stern mounted blue LEDs for that underwater "blue fire" wake....I have named the boat "Jet Blu"