• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chasing a leak on my 2019 210 FSH Sport

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ever since I bought the boat last year the bilge seems to run just sitting in the water about every 30 min. I have looked through the posts and have sealed the drains on both sides of the boat. Still to no avail. It has to be coming in somewhere on the back of the boat. Can I fill the back of the boat with water to see where it is coming from? I know the boat is under warranty but my dealer in Jacksonville is terrible “they put screws through the bottom of my hull installing my trolling motor charger”. I take it off shore in FL on a regular basis and I am worried one of these days my bilge is going to give out and I am going to be in some trouble.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Have you looked here? This may help.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes I have pulled all of them except the fish box drains and resealed them. I guess I will do that next and see what happens.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you definitely want to try to figure out where it's coming from, have you ever just tied the boat to the dock and see if it taking on water vs something happening underway (rub rail/cleanout tray leaking).

I would strongly suggest installing a 2nd back up bilge at a slightly higher level with a high water alarm. with our boats using raw water to cool the engines and having cleanout tubes, if you loose one of those you can get water in fast, it's an easy install and worth it for the peace of mind,

we've got several write ups in the FAQ or just use the search button, top right,

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
you definitely want to try to figure out where it's coming from, have you ever just tied the boat to the dock and see if it taking on water vs something happening underway (rub rail/cleanout tray leaking).

I would strongly suggest installing a 2nd back up bilge at a slightly higher level with a high water alarm. with our boats using raw water to cool the engines and having cleanout tubes, if you loose one of those you can get water in fast, it's an easy install and worth it for the peace of mind,

we've got several write ups in the FAQ or just use the search button, top right,
That was my first thought was to see if I could actually see where the water is coming in at, I had it in the water for a week in the keys looking in all of the compartments. In the back by the exhaust was the only place that was wet. Obviously there was some water in the engine compartment by the bilge. The boat would bilge every few hours and run for about 4 min. I would think with that much water I could find a significant leak but haven't found it yet.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If your getting that much water, I suspect the clean out plug clamps are loose top or bottom. Or the back access cover is not sealed. I also found lots of hose clamps were just hand tight. Remove the back access cover and check them at the same time you check the clean out plug clamps (item 13). Also, my aerator hose was not connected. Anytime I filled the livewell with water, it poured into the aft of the boat.

Jet Unit 4 - Item 13 x4

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The screw holes in the bottom from the dealer?
That was the first spot I fixed... I have the boat out of the water now and making sure everything is dry and going to drop it back the water with a few friends watching all of the spots that I can to see if the water is coming in. Doing that this weekend.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If your getting that much water, I suspect the clean out plug clamps are loose top or bottom. Or the back access cover is not sealed. I also found lots of hose clamps were just hand tight. Remove the back access cover and check them at the same time you check the clean out plug clamps (item 13). Also, my aerator hose was not connected. Anytime I filled the livewell with water, it poured into the aft of the boat.

Jet Unit 4 - Item 13 x4
Great putting the boat in the water on Sunday I will check that out ...

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great putting the boat in the water on Sunday I will check that out ...
When you are out on the boat and have run it a bit, open the clean out port hatch. If the clean out tubes DO NOT have water in them, you have a leak as Frank pointed out.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When you are out on the boat and have run it a bit, open the clean out port hatch. If the clean out tubes DO NOT have water in them, you have a leak as Frank pointed out.
In the past they are full of water, and when I return from boating I pull them to let the standing water out during my flush.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Screw it block up the trailer and fill the boat with water. Where it leaks out it is probably leaking in also. Then put new engines in and rewire the boat you’ll be fine. Add food color for it to be easier to see where it is leaking out.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jet Unit 4 - Item 13 x4
How did you find the livewell leak? Mine is doing the same thing but cant get to connections. Access through engine compartment?

Last edited:

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pull the back access cover and reach up on the right side. You'll see the pump, and have to feel your way from there. Sectional A-A may help.

1581264306045.png

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks I can see the pump now. But it's ridiculous to not have better access to pumps and hoses than this
Unfortunately that is where I think I am leaking also. I couldn't get exactly but NONE of my hoses where tight. Putting it in next weekend and we will see if it fixed the problem.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately that is where I think I am leaking also. I couldn't get exactly but NONE of my hoses where tight. Putting it in next weekend and we will see if it fixed the problem.
All I found was some loose screws where the livewell bolts to the top cap (livewell door). Got them tightened up so hopefully that at least helps the problem. Will retest when I get boat in the water and report.

Blitz'n Sea-Gap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jet Unit 4 - Item 13 x4
[

Jet Unit 4 - Item 13 x4
frank how did you get to the aerator hose, I couldn’t get to it from the back hatch once I removed it?

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update--- I've had the boat out 3 times since tightening the livewell bolts. Used the livewell each time and not a drop of water in bilge since. Hope this helps someone.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had a few drops under the rear access cover and a fair bit of water would come out when i hauled it out every day (never enough for the bilge pump though). Found 1 loose clamp and 2 that needed tightening. This is a normal part of commissioning a new boat.

I plan on removing the rear deck later this spring to check all clamps once I have 20 hrs on the boat.