• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check Engine code p0267 p0203 help

PJM22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm new to the forum and looking for some help. I have a 2015 scarab 215 that my family loves but we are getting sick of the mechanical issue with the engines. Last year was our first season and we put 90 hours on the boat before our first major problem. At that time the port engine wouldn't start and I took it to my dealer and was told that the supercharger failed and they needed to replace the engine and supercharger. The work was done under warrenty but it took 6 weeks and we suffered through many nice weekends in late summer without a boat. Two weeks ago the port engine would not start again. I limped back home and the motor started. At that time I cleared all the codes with my can doo and the boat ran fine for the rest of the day. Now the port engine has two codes that come back consistently p0267 and p0203. Both deal with a problem with the 3 fuel injector. The motor start and runs fine but it only runs on limited RPM's. There is a 1000 to 15oo rpm difference between the two motors once you get above 3000 rpm. I looked at all the grounds wires and made sure all wire harnesses are secure and I'm still getting the faults. What do you think - bad Fuel injector, wiring harness, maybe ECM? And is the limited rpms due to the faults or do you think that the supercharger may have gone bad again. The dealer that I purchase the boat from dropped the line and no longer can do warrantee work. Like to see if I can solve the problem so we don't lose any more weekends.

Last edited:

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ouch....that sucks. Cant und erst and why the same engine would fail again?

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm new to the forum and looking for some help. I have a 2015 scarab 215 that my family loves but we are getting sick of the mechanical issue with the engines. Last year was our first season and we put 90 hours on the boat before our first major problem. At that time the port engine wouldn't start and I took it to my dealer and was told that the supercharger failed and they needed to replace the engine and supercharger. The work was done under warrenty but it took 6 weeks and we suffered through many nice weekends in late summer without a boat. Two weeks ago the port engine would not start again. I limped back home and the motor started. At that time I cleared all the codes with my can doo and the boat ran fine for the rest of the day. Now the port engine has two codes that come back consistently p0267 and p0203. Both deal with a problem with the 3 fuel injector. The motor start and runs fine but it only runs on limited RPM's. There is a 1000 to 15oo rpm difference between the two motors once you get above 3000 rpm. I looked at all the grounds wires and made sure all wire harnesses are secure and I'm still getting the faults. What do you think - bad Fuel injector, wiring harness, maybe ECM? And is the limited rpms due to the faults or do you think that the supercharger may have gone bad again. The dealer that I purchase the boat from dropped the line and no longer can do warrantee work. Like to see if I can solve the problem so we don't lose any more weekends.
CODE P0267:
Check for 12Volts on pin 2 of injector connector
Check for 11.4 to 12.6 ohms between engine connector pin 3 and ECM connector pin 14.

CODE P0203:

Check fuse number 15
Check for 11.4 to 12.6 ohms between engine connector pin 3 and ECM connector pin A-J1
Check for 12 volts on pin 2 of injector

***I am going to assume here that you have a leaky injector or one (#3) that is not spraying.*** You can remove the fuel rail, leaving the rail attached to the fuel line, and put a shop towel underneath, disconnect the ignition coils, and then turn over the motor and look to see what happens. Look for an even spray, not a drizzle like a 90 year old man, lol!
***Lastly, look for any green cheese corrosion in your ECM on top of the motor, or damaged pins. You will need a small flash light to really look at it better.

P.S. When was the last time you actually had the boat serviced professionally????

PJM22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Ron for the help. I was doing some research yesterday and found some of the same info but this really narrows it down. Just wondering if you can help me identify the pins locations on the ECM? If the injector turns out to be bad do you know a good place to order parts? Do you think this problem is causing the lose of RPMson the port motor? Even though the motor is under warranty I hate to pull it out, drive it 3 hours away and have it sit half the summer at the marina. The marina I purchased discontinued the scarab line and are not interested in doing any warranted work. Don't know what kind of luck I'll have at a marina that I didn't purchase the boat. Usually, they get around to it when they get a chance.

The port engine was replaced last September after the supercharger failed and that was last time it was at the dealer. I have done all the Maintaince myself using all the recommmended oil, filters, and plugs. 10-25-50 hour oil changes and serviced this spring when I took it out of storage. I have a 2003 sea doo gtx 4-tech wave runner with 350 hours on it and have always done all the maintenance - runs like new and I never had a problem. Wish I was having the same luck with my boat. Do you think I missed something by not having it professionally serviced?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it's the same motor that was serviced and replaced, seems like you might still be under warranty. I would have it diagnosed by professional.

PJM22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes it's the same motor. Looks like it time to look for a new dealer that will do the warrantee work. Anyone have experience with any Scarab dealers around Chicago or Indiana?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Have you check the 3 Amp fuse for Cylinder #3 in your PORT fuse box?

If you think the injector is at fault, swap injector #3 with injector #1 & see if the fault code now become P0261 & P0201.
Otherwise if Fuse OK, & fault staying on Cylinder#3 side, you then have a short in the harness.