• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check out these Red heads

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats my wife in half your pics. I guess I need life lock. Lol So you painted the tops and then marker black and silver? Looks nice.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those looks great. Very well done!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can we see them on the engines?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that I taped off the plastic mounts on the bottom so they would not get painted because the paint would likely be scratched off these parts. I also plan on polishing the heads of the screws that hold the covers in place and will post pics of the covers reinstalled on the engines when I’m done and the whether allows me to.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably should have put a NSFW disclaimer in the title. Thankfully not browsing from my Remote Desktop lol. Some of those pics look like q6 year olds Ewww!

That being said the valve covers look nice!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wish my shelter covered my boat. All outdoor work stopped when the rain started.

As for the pics, I just searched for redheads in bikini pics and used the first Pinterest page that came up. I think we can all agree that not all redheads in bikinis should be posting pics of themselves for several reasons.

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Holy crap after looking at the before pictures I can’t believe how great a job you did!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you tape off the lettering, or is that what the two Sharpies were for? I like the look, very swanky!
I only taped off the mounting points not the letters. It was easy enough to color in the tops of the letters only with the sharpies.

FYI I I did consider putting a coat of wax or lip balm over the letters to keep the red paint from sticking to them but decided to just color over the red paint instead.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if PlastiDip would work just as well, you could paint the whole thing and then just use a razor blade to carefully cut and peel away any areas you didn't want painted. They have a glossifier as well in case you don't want the matte look that PlastiDip usually has.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder if PlastiDip would work just as well, you could paint the whole thing and then just use a razor blade to carefully cut and peel away any areas you didn't want painted. They have a glossifier as well in case you don't want the matte look that PlastiDip usually has.
I don’t know for sure but cutting out the plasti dip around the lettering seems like it would take longer than coloring the letters in with a sharpie. The plasti dip would not have worked in my situation because the original color on the letters faded differently on my head covers so I needed/wanted to paint them as well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Likely wouldn't need to cut around the letters with plastidip. I watch a ton of dipyourcar videos on YouTube and they just peel that stuff away from emblems and such.