• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check out this little mod for cooler days/evenings

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've been busy with the boat the last few days! First the tint, and now this today. I had been wanting something like this for a while, especially on cooler nights when my son is on board. Local upholstery shop made it up for me today for about $40.00. If the snaps are strong enough to handle the wind under way, this will be a neat little mod. It just snaps in and attaches to the bottom of the bow filler cushion. They added three more snaps to each side, and the three on the bottom of the windshield were already there!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Do you suppose they can make a few more at a discounted price.....i am sure there will be many of us to buy!! I like!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
What tint did you use? I saw the pics in the media area and it looks like you took the glass out???

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@skrip345 i just realized you live in Sedalia, I lived there for 3 years, I really liked it there, then I moved to Warrensburg for several years before I moved to KS.
A trip to El Tapatio would be worth a drive up there for me!

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Wayloncle If you are ever sliding through town I work at the Harley shop here, come introduce yourself! Might even have time for EL tap!

@Boat Crazy I typically boat at LOZ. We have a lakehouse there and my boat lives on a lift there all summer. We used to do a camping trip once a year to Pomme, but that fell by the wayside when my sisters moved away. Its too bad, Pomme is a beautiful lake. The convenience of having my boat at the lake full time is too much though. I can literally ride my Harley to the lake if I want, flip a lever, and the boat is in the lake!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did not realize that 190s do not have a wind block for that area. The larger Yamahas come with a door that folds open to fill that gap. It is very useful, just as your mod will be!

Robert_o

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is awesome...been wanting to keep air out

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wayloncle If you are ever sliding through town I work at the Harley shop here, come introduce yourself! Might even have time for EL tap!
I spent a lot of time and $$$ in that place! I was buying Yamaha dirtbike stuff back then, 2002-2007ish
I lived in the third house behind Dairy Queen.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are building a new bow filler cushion for the guys that did not get one from the factory. It seems that Yamaha had difficulty supplying bow filler cushions on 190 models as I don't see them in their parts catalog. To make this mod work well you'd have to have the filler cushion or take the vinyl to the floor. If guys are interested we could build the filler and add the optional snap on wind block for a small up charge since it could be made at the same time the cushion was being made. Also we have the OEM materials so it would look factory.

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm sooo interested in the wind blocker. I had one made for my old boat, and it worked great!

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am also interested in the wind blocker!

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot Please let us know when a Wind Block is available for the 19 footers. This would be a great option for us.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used mine quite a bit this weekend, and it was AWESOME. I was able to run as fast as I wanted, didn't have any issues with it unsnapping, and it blocks everything! Everyone in the boat was impressed, and it was sure nice to have on the cool weekend.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat has a folding door, but I hardly ever use it. I usually wrap a big blanket around one of the grandkids and plant them right on the edge of the filler cushion wedged in the opening. Blocks the wind quite well. :cool:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I still have our 192. I will get someone on this this week and hopefully have a product ready in the next few weeks.

dexx00420

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length