• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check you Seat Bolts

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
FYI to any 2021 owners, or perhaps earlier years. My 2021 only has 8 hours on it and I found today that the seat bolts holding the seat to the stand/slider were only hand tight. Two had actually worked completed out and were on the floor of the boat and the remaining 6 were loose. Whoever had that job at the factory took an early break it seems. It's easy to fix, but it would be a definite annoyance on the water!

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You better check your house clamps too , if those are hand tight you are screwed

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
You better check your house clamps too , if those are hand tight you are screwed
Good point. I checked all of the ones under the rear access panel when I re-sealed it a few weeks ago, but I'll put a tool on every fastener I can find when I do the first 10 hour service in a few weeks.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like that you are doing the
Good point. I checked all of the ones under the rear access panel when I re-sealed it a few weeks ago, but I'll put a tool on every fastener I can find when I do the first 10 hour service in a few weeks.
i like that you are doing the first service so that you know things will get checked and tightened if needed because the dealer wont do anything but change oil and filters

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a new AR195 and found a machine screw on the deck in front of the motor cover on Saturday. I couldn't find where it went, but I didn't check the driver seat stand. I will look into that tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Couple minor issues with my new 195 I got Friday... The pad on the back deck had a large air bubble in it... Just used a utility knife to get a hairline slice in it and re-attached by putting plenty of pressure on it. Seems good now.

Also, the stereo has a small fogging spot on the screen about the size of a dime. Comes and goes, but the weird thing is there had been absolutely no water anywhere near the stereo. It was the a few minutes after I first turned on the boat was dry. Works fine otherwise, and honestly will prob just upgrade the stereo to an XM/serius ready receiver by next summer anyway.

This is great - hopefully there are just a few minor QC issues with the early release and we can all just share some of our experiences with these new boats as we all get them and try them out!

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
On our 2017 AR 195 - bought this year with 5.8 hours on it we have had some issues that are worth noting. Seat bolts all had to be re-tightened as they kept falling out. Ended up using thread locker on the. Also, that machine screw you mentioned @jetboatjay is likely from your Bimini. Check the two screws for tightness at each of the four bimini ball and socket attachment points. I had a screw hit my sister in the head while underway and couldn't find where it came from. We took the boat home that evening and couldn't find where it came from. When we arrived back at the launch the following day our bimini was hanging cock-eyed off the wakeboard tower and I had lost another screw... hopefully this is where yours originated from.

I am going to re-mount the bimini and use blue Loctite thread locker to hold them in place.

Side note - does anyone use red Loctite on their bolts on the boats? I am hesitant to use a "permanent" thread locker on anything that may need to be replaced in the future.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Couple minor issues with my new 195 I got Friday... The pad on the back deck had a large air bubble in it... Just used a utility knife to get a hairline slice in it and re-attached by putting plenty of pressure on it. Seems good now.

Also, the stereo has a small fogging spot on the screen about the size of a dime. Comes and goes, but the weird thing is there had been absolutely no water anywhere near the stereo. It was the a few minutes after I first turned on the boat was dry. Works fine otherwise, and honestly will prob just upgrade the stereo to an XM/serius ready receiver by next summer anyway.

This is great - hopefully there are just a few minor QC issues with the early release and we can all just share some of our experiences with these new boats as we all get them and try them out!
Had a bubble in my seadek on the driver side bottom back deck as well. I pressed it down and crossed my fingers. So far so good.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My driver's captain's chair only has three of the four bolts. Never found one on the floor, but I was just checking various fasteners. I thought someone posted the spec's on the bolt - size and thread, but I don't see it on here. Can anyone help??

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR195 and sadly have found that I have had to check virtually every exposed screw. So many were loose. I've also found my fair share of random screws, washers, nuts, etc. I started a collection bag and hopefully I will figure out where they go sometime.

The most difficult / frustrating ones were the bolts that attach the engine hatch hinge at the step-through area. There are two on each side. Both bolts on one side completely fell out and the the ones on the other side were nearly out. It was a PITA to put those back on and fight the gas shocks. Suggest that everyone check those!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My dealer has 2021 SX195 available if anyone is looking or knows someone who is. Surdyke Yamaha in Osage Beach at Lake of the Ozarks. Tell them I sent you.

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
My driver's captain's chair only has three of the four bolts. Never found one on the floor, but I was just checking various fasteners. I thought someone posted the spec's on the bolt - size and thread, but I don't see it on here. Can anyone help??
I just checked one and it seems to be 1/4”-20 course thread x 3/4” long with a 3/8” hex head. I don’t have a catalog to reference, but that’s what I’m measuring.

Attachments

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just checked one and it seems to be 1/4”-20 course thread x 3/4” long with a 3/8” hex head. I don’t have a catalog to reference, but that’s what I’m measuring.
That is very helpful! Thank you!!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
On our 2017 AR 195 - bought this year with 5.8 hours
That's a great find! I put about that many hours on it the first day on the water!
Side note - does anyone use red Loctite on their bolts on the boats? I am hesitant to use a "permanent" thread locker on anything that may need to be replaced in the future.
I've used blue Loctite for years and the screws/bolts are still secure, even those that get wet or are submerged. No need for red unless you intend to never ever take it apart. You need some heat to break red Loctite, like a torch or similar, and you might damage the finish on the tower or worse set the bimini on fire!
o_O
JK about the bimini, but blue is plenty strong and durable.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
FYI to any 2021 owners, or perhaps earlier years. My 2021 only has 8 hours on it and I found today that the seat bolts holding the seat to the stand/slider were only hand tight. Two had actually worked completed out and were on the floor of the boat and the remaining 6 were loose. Whoever had that job at the factory took an early break it seems. It's easy to fix, but it would be a definite annoyance on the water!
Sadly this is probably due to rushing boats out of the factory after COVID shortages. Those seat bolts probably lacked Loctite?

I'm not sure if we're lucky or what, but I've only found a couple loose screws and bolts - I was expecting more issues from complaints on this forum. No leaks in the engine bay which I check every outing, so far so good. My boat was built Feb 2020 and might have been a slower time and not rushed so much. But at least loose screws and bolts are easy fix like you say.

LM-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Just noticed captain chair tilted forward. Noticed on only 2 bolts are holding the front down. This explains it. Did not look on the floor it was getting late and we were 2/3 done putting cover on. You say there are 6 bolts?

This forum is so informative

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I had every single bolt fall out of both seats. Hand tightened them as they came because I always forgot to bring a socket set with me every time we went out. Finally put them all back in with loctite when I winterized. Next year they will be good as new!