• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicken Grill Marinade

What grill you prefer your chicken cooked on?

• Gas Grill

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Charcoal

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Chicken Grill Marinade - I have tried all kinds of marinade. They all seem to work and taste equally great. I have learned that Italian dressing as marinade taste like most other marinades after grilling. I have also learned that I like my chicken and pork cooked on Charcoal and steaks on gas.

Does anyone have a great marinade for Chicken? I used to have the recipe they use at these boy scout and other corner grilling fund raisers that was incredible....I think it had vinegar, pepper, water etc....anyone have that recipe to share?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There really isn't a good marinade for chicken as chicken doesn't except marinades as well as other meats. If you marinate chicken for 24 hours it only penetrates 1/8 of an inch or something like that. Chicken is best to be sauced during or at the very end of the cooking process. I do like golden Italian dressing on it and Carolina Gold Bbq sauce.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There really isn't a good marinade for chicken as chicken doesn't except marinades as well as other meats. If you marinate chicken for 24 hours it only penetrates 1/8 of an inch or something like that. Chicken is best to be sauced during or at the very end of the cooking process. I do like golden Italian dressing on it and Carolina Gold Bbq sauce.
Good point, I guess I failed to mention I try and use bone in chicken mostly: thighs, split breast....seem the marinade penetrates towards bone more since cut meat.

I guess injection could be beneficial for large breasts.....chicken that is....LOL

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chicken insists on charcoal. Makes all the difference in the world.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the best thing to do with chicken imho is Brine them.

Depending on the amount to brine
How I brine:
I start with a Pitcher fill it up with water
Add a cup of salt
Add spices (rosemary thyme etc.)
Stir until the salt is dissolved
use a egg straight from the carton
set the egg in water
then add salt and stir until the egg is suspended halfway (obviously pull the egg while stirring)
Once you have a specific gravity of 50 %
depending on amounts and if I'm at a competition or not, I pour my solution in zip lock bags with the chicken to just cover it.
At Comps I brine for 8-9 hrs / 12 hours if at home
Then pull, drain the water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
Then season with my rub (typically Rooster booster)
Then cook/smoke / grill

This has served me well for many years and gives you moist succulent chicken.

Jetti

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A good marinade for chicken is this, the only problem is it makes a mess of the grill but worth it!!! Have only cooked this on gas grill.
MCCORMICK GRILL MATES SMOKY RANCHERO MARINADE
5210002780.png

Last edited:

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should be able to find this at your local grocery store for a lot cheaper than the Amazon link provided. I grew up in NY, and it was a little known secret. Pretty mainstream now though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002JVDS5C/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1493781363&sr=8-2&keywords=spiedie

Cut the boneless skinless chicken (or preferred protein) into cubes, and marinate in a sealed container for 2 - 3 DAYS (yep you heard me right). Skewer it, and grill. Put it on a good hoagie roll, and thank me later. Add sauteed onions and peppers for a little extra punch. Some people like provolone on it too. Make it your own.

Vinegar heavy, but absolutely delicious.

GT