• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cincinnati Riverfest WEBN Fireworks 9/3

Vince

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Any Cincinnati area members going to the Labor Day fireworks on the river? This will be my first time watching by boat and I'm curious if anyone else will be there or if anyone can provide any advice or suggestions to make it an enjoyable and safe evening. Looking forward to a good time and hoping river conditions cooperate given all the rain forecasted for the days leading up to Sunday. Let me know....thanks!
Vince

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Volffas do you venture out for the festivities?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never been to the fireworks. This year we have reservations in Cumberland for the weekend, hoping we don't get rained out. I would keep a close eye on the river here; http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=iln&gage=ccno1 they don't have it forecasted to rise drastically, but that forecast can change quickly, I would check it often between now and Sunday. Also, here is a good page for general information on the conditions of the Ohio River in Cincinnati; http://bbriverboats.com/ohio-river.

Here is what I have seen on the Ohio River Boat Party Facebook page regarding closures etc.

ohio river fireworks.jpg

Riverfest 2017

The United States Coast Guard Captain of the Port Sector Ohio Valley will be establishing a no wake zone and a river closure on the Ohio River Sunday, September 3rd, 2017.

The no wake zone will be on the Ohio River from mile 476 (beyond Riverside Park Boat Ramp) to mile 464 (Four Seasons Marina and Aquaramp Marinas) and on the Licking River from mile 0.0 to mile 0.3 and will be enforced from Noon on Sunday to 3:00 a.m. on Monday, September 4th, 2017.

Additionally, the river will be closed to all commercial and recreational vessel traffic in the downtown Cincinnati area from Ohio River mile 469.2 to mile 470.5 from 7:00 p.m. until the end of the fireworks display.

During the river closure, no vessel traffic, including commercial or recreational vessels, personal water crafts, or sailing vessels will be allowed to transit, launch, or leave any Kentucky or Ohio harbors or ramps located within this river closure without the permission of the U.S. Coast Guard “PATCOM.”

There will be 3 anchorage areas within the river closure and vessels intending to anchor in those anchorage areas must do so before the river closure announcement is made at 7:00 p.m. Anchorage 1 will extend 300 feet from the Kentucky shoreline between Ohio River mile 470.5 to 470.7, Anchorage 2 will extend 300 feet from the Ohio shoreline between Ohio River mile 469.2 and 469.6, and Anchorage 3 will extend 300 feet from the Kentucky shoreline between Ohio River mile 469.2 and 469.6.

Vessel movement within this river closure area prior to 7:00 p.m. must be with the sole intent to anchor or transit through.

All vessels in these anchorage areas MUST remain inside the buoys marking the anchorage.

Event vessels will be maintaining the anchorage areas within the closure zone. All event patrol will be clearly marked.

The U.S. Coast Guard “PATCOM” may be reached on channel 16 VHF-FM. Listen to Marine Channel 16 and 22A VHF-FM for river closure and opening announcements.

Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies will be patrolling the river and enforcing the no wake zone, river closure, and federal, state, and local laws.

Vessel OPERATORS are reminded to not consume alcohol before or during operation of a vessel.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought about going for about five seconds. Just not worth it with all the drunks running around. I even considered putting in way down river at Boones Landing but I was still worried about the drunks while being anchored up. The heavy rain will have the river a mess with floating debris too. Im out for sure.