• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clarion CMD8 & Polk 651, next step up?

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2014 AR240 still has the original CMD8 (no bluetooth) and the Polk 651's I installed in 2014. Speakers getting old, so reading forums it seems
the Polk 652's would be equivalent replacement, but I want a new receiver, what would be my next grade up that has bluetooth and can work with the rear deck Clarion unit?

Also another speaker option I've read here is the 4 kickers on Amazon (link below), anyone know how do they compare to the Polks?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had polks in my ar230. They only lasted one season in salt water. They sounded good but didn’t have much bass. The kickers I have had for 4 years and have a very good all around sound for the money