• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clarion MF1 remote IS compatible with an M505 radio...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Despite Clarion not listing the MF1 as being compatible with the M505, I did some digging and found out you can make it work if you wire it up using the extra wires from the RF box!

For us 19' guys this is HUGE because our radio is in the glove box on the port side of the boat. The M505 comes with an IR remote but it of course requires line of sight to the radio in order for it to work. So that means you have to ride around with the glove box open (annoying and ugly) or close the glove box and not use the radio while driving the boat :mad:.

Here's a video explaining you simply need to wire in the extra ACC positive and ground from the MF1 to the ACC positive and ground of the M505 wiring harness along with using the DIN cable connector. To do this you can use your supplied radio removal keys that came with your boat package or you can use thin metal to act as radio keys to slide the radio out. Or you can be a contortionist and do this all from the side hatch and storage area :borg:.

Here are the specs on the MF1 directly from Clarion's website. Notice they do not list the M505 as being compatible. Nonsense! :bookworm::D http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products-personal/marine/MF1/

For CMV1, CMD9, CMD8, CMD7, CMD6, CMS5, CMS1, M303, M309, M502 and all Clarion Source Units with OEM Steering Wheel Remote Inputs.

Marine RF Remote Control Kit
  • Waterproof RF Floating Remote Control
  • Up to 100-feet Range, No Line of Sight Required
  • Handheld Design
  • Secure Clip for Docking
  • Internal Sealed Replaceable Battery
  • Meets or Exceeds ASTM B117 (Salt/Fog Exposure)
  • Meets or Exceeds ASTM D4329 (UV Exposure)
  • IP67 (International Protection Rating)
I bought mine from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Clarion-MF1-Marine-Remote-Control/dp/B004M4TC86

Last edited:

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I finally could not take it anymore and bought the MF1 for my M505 in the glovebox. @haknslash Would yours not work at all without hooking up the separate positive and ground? All I did was hook up the 8 pin DIN cable and so far it seems to work. Clarion does list it as being compatible with the M505 now so maybe they fixed whatever issue it had before.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine would not work just hooking up the DIN cable. Same situation from the other reviewers on Amazon. I'm not sure why mine would be different and it's interesting they list it compatible now. I wonder if something changed with earlier batches of M505's? I'm just glad we have a small wireless RF remote! Really sucked having to use it the glove box.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I stand corrected...Clarions site still doesn't have it listed. The company replied to a question on Crutchfield about it and said it was a misprint and it is compatible. Maybe they changed something on the connection, went out all evening testing it out. So much better and definitely a must have for us 19' guys.