• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Clarion Stereo

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read on another site about some issues with the Clarion stereo on the 242. Anyone have any info on fixes from Yamaha on this?

Last edited:
Noko, are you having a problem? If so, lay it on us!

I took mine to dealer and they said they would look into it. I'm waiting hear back on it. I'll follow up when I get more info.

Thanks Giddyupjoe, I was following that thread but was wondering if there was more info here. Julian, If you look at the link Joe posted, it has some info on the Clarion stereo and crackling in the speakers. I bought a 2013 AR240 but haven't got it yet. I was trying to find out if there is a problem with my boat and if I need to get it fixed by the dealer before I pick up the boat. Thanks guys for the info.

I'm blocked from looking at that site....lets not go there LOL

Crackling in speakers is likely to simply be a bad connection somewhere. If you are worried about it when you pick up your new boat, be sure to sound check the stereo, and turn it up....and bang around the headunit (gently) to simulate wave bumps.

Julian, The crackling problem is due to a underpowered Clarion stereo head. Supposedly Yamaha has a fix. This was for the 242 but I think the 240 has the same stereo. I was just wondering if anyone here had the same issues.

There is a bulletin and a part number.

The following are two passages from somewhere else.

Yamaha bulletin is B2012006.

The kit is a plug and play system that the dealer can install. It is a Clarion 40-XC6210 2 channel amp with harness. He said they have been working on this for about 6 months now to make the kit simple enough for the dealers to install. This amp is stable at 2ohms, which is how the speakers are wired. He said it is next to impossible to get to the parallel splice once the harness is installed in the boat to rewire it. That is why they chose this amp. Now we will see how long it takes to get the kit.

You've been banned?! Oh no! Yeah, I saw a mushroom cloud over at the other site a few weeks ago. Very entertaining.

Yup....how dare I participate in starting up this site....my punishment...banishment!

Interesting issue...not sure how adding an amp fixes and underpowered headunit problem....does the new amp require less juice than the headunit?

I don't know any of the technical stuff about the stereo. I think I read that the stereo head has enough power for 4 speakers but Yamaha wired it for 6 and something about 2 ohms vs 4. It sounds like a bigger amp will solve the problems. The Yamaha fix I think, it maybe an amp add on but I am only interpretting from what I read on the other site. It does look like Yamaha knows about the problem and the dealer may have to push Yamaha for the fix.

Talked to the dealer today. He ordered the amp kit from MITO. He said it will be in within the week.

Apparently Yamaha is coming out with a service bulletin within the next month for the dealers to bill against.

Thanks to everyone who put the time and effort in to make this happen!!

I was going to put an amp in, but now I'm going to wait to see how this sounds. So excited!

Back