• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Classified Ad Guidelines <PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!>

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Never mind... @Bruce already deleted it and the user.

That said...we keep a pretty close eye on things. One feature we haven't deployed yet, but could if it becomes a problem is a "SPAM" post rating option. We can then set the system to hide posts that are rated as "SPAM" x number of times (like 5).

We could also only turn this feature on for a specific forum...like classifieds....
@Administrative thoughts on turning it on for Classifieds only? It doesn't delete posts...just hides them.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He picked the wrong page... this is the first page I have ever been on where everyone gets along!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Reminder to those with ads....

1. When your item sells, please edit your post to CHANGE the Prefix to SOLD, (to edit the title click on "Thread Tools" at the upper right of the first post in the thread, then click on "Edit Thread" and change the prefix to "Sold"...it is the last choice at the bottom of the list.
Any issues doing this, just put

" @Julian I sold it "

in the thread and I'll handle it for ya!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone think we should add a "Rental Property" filter in the classifieds section or opposed to that? I got a recent query from a member of where they could post it...pointing out the classifieds didn't have a good filter for this. Seems like a good idea to me.... @Administrative

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Works for me. Easy to add. I do not see any harm.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just added the STATE to approximately 10 boat listings!
Is it possible to require state for all future classified ads?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is it possible to require state for all future classified ads?
No way possible at this time, short of me making a "Boat" Prefix for every state, like "Boat-NC", "Boat-FL" with the list being 50 long. Generally I keep up with modifying the titles....got away from me recently, and I think members don't read this guidelines post, and look at recent posts as a guide (so if I don't keep up with modifying them, then we get more without states listed).

I am going to see if there is a "Postfix" Mod we could add like the "Prefix"...where it would put the State at the end of the title....but didn' find one yet.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Classified Ads Guidelines have been modified to include rule #6:

• DEALERS/Non-Private sellers may post here, but your Signature must include that you are a dealer, your dealers Name, address and phone number. We reserve the right to limit the number of posts that dealers submit.
The reason we added this rule is we want members to have a way to know when the person's ad is from a dealer vs a private seller. We don't prevent dealers from posting things for sale, and certainly don't want a whole flood of a dealers inventory posted here, but the occasional ad is fine.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Question, does my signature require that all the time or just when posting a for sale ad? Is it sufficient to put my dealer info in the post and not in my signature?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Question, does my signature require that all the time or just when posting a for sale ad? Is it sufficient to put my dealer info in the post and not in my signature?
Great question. I'll modify the rule to state -either in your signature or the body of the post.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bullet 6 has been modified:

• DEALERS/Non-Private sellers may post here, but your Advertisement or your Signature must include that you are a dealer, your dealers Name, address and phone number. We reserve the right to limit the number of posts that dealers submit.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
For some reason, I can't seem to change the prefix on an ad. When I click on thread tools it just gives me calendar options.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For some reason, I can't seem to change the prefix on an ad. When I click on thread tools it just gives me calendar options.
What ad do you need changing? Is is sold? I can change it for you. Just reply to this message so I get tagged.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What ad do you need changing? Is is sold? I can change it for you. Just reply to this message so I get tagged.
I have an ad for a Dragonfly 7 Pro, and one for some Panasonic speakers. I need them marked sold.

Whatever444

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I would like to edit my add posted for 2009 Yamaha 212ss to reflect price drop to $16k. Can you assist me with this change. Thanks

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to edit my add posted for 2009 Yamaha 212ss to reflect price drop to $16k. Can you assist me with this change. Thanks
Try now