• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plug internals

Boomdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
While replacing the manhole covers on my clean out plugs this morning I noticed the green plastic rectangular piece that is part of the locking mechanism is cracked. Does anyone know if there is a replacement part available? I’d prefer not to buy a complete new clean out plug if possible.

Thanks

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I don't believe the internal parts are sold separately. Parts diagrams show part numbers for the entire manhole cover, the rebuild kit and the screws. Only chance may be to find the entire unit on ebay and see if you can just replace the locking mechanism. With just a quick search, here's one on eBay for $99 and you can just strip the part you need.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/yamaha-LS2000-LX210-jet-pump-access-cover-drain-plug-clean-out-manhole-LX-LS-AR/122835533804?hash=item1c99917fec:g:cfYAAOSw~QRaH2Bm&vxp=mtr

With that being said, if it were me, I'd bite the bullet and buy a new manhole cover. $209 may seem expensive but you're getting a brand new part. At least you have options.

Boomdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply. Upon more research I believe the previous owner may have installed tru-locks from Jet Boat Pilot. I think it’s the tru-lock that has cracked. I may need to contact them to see if they have replacements available.