• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleanout Plugs

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Who has rebuilt their plugs? 2nd time out with our new to us 232LS and sucked up a small piece of coated wire in one of the intakes. The plugs were a PAIN to get back in. Thinking of a rebuild, but the unlock button in one side is also missing the rubber guard on it. Thoughts? I obviously don't want to have to replace the whole unit for just the rubber piece.

Anyways, once we got everything back in both engines ran flawlessly again.

Another question. From what I could tell only one piece was sucked on the starboard side, but both engines had bad cavitation until the wire was removed. Is that normal? Extra load on the one side cause cavitation in both?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What do the impellers look like?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What do the impellers look like?
Impellers both look fine and once the obstruction was removed both ran perfectly again. It's possible another piece was blocking the port intake and when engines were shut off it fell off

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did on my last boat....money well spent. I considered it a basic maintenance cost.
I'm more debating whether to rebuild or buy a whole new unit due to the missing button piece.