• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleat came off on port rear of my fsh 190.

Matt Wetzel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Grabbed the cleat the other day and it came up in my hand as I heard the hardware fall inside the hull.
Seems to me that this is the kind of thing that shouldn’t ever happen.
Anyone had to deal with this? How do I fix it?
Thanks in advance

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a kid go into the inner part of the boat to reassemble and use loc-tite I have my kids help me quite a bit inside of the boat.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All of mine vibrated loose the first month I had the boat and the hardware had accumulated towards the back of the boat. Was a pain the the a$$ to get them back on with lock tight. I'm 6'3" and didn't have any small kids handy to stuff in the boat.

Matt Wetzel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
All of mine vibrated loose the first month I had the boat and the hardware had accumulated towards the back of the boat. Was a pain the the a$$ to get them back on with lock tight. I'm 6'3" and didn't have any small kids handy to stuff in the boat.
I have a few questions about the great "cleat Operation".... 1. do you recall the size of the nuts that they use? 2. I suspect I'll need an extension and rachet to get them tight. 3. under the hatch where the clean out port is, there is a white drain, any idea how to disconnect this so I can remove the cover into the cavity below?

I appreciate your help.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unsure if your FSH is similar in the "top" part of the hull as my AR190.....BUT.....Here is the view from inside my rear starboard storage area. In this picture the rear bulkhead has been removed, by backing out two long lag screws. Once that bulkhead is out, you can clearly see where the cleat is mounted to the hull in the upper left quadrant of the picture. I'm 6'2" tall and 230lbs and can somewhat weasel my way back in there. I have to lead with my hands, once my shoulders are in, I can barely slide my hands over my chest to get them above/below my head. It's clearly a two man job, one to hold the cleat on the outside, and one to thread/tighten them from the inside. Use some loctite this time, and large washers.

IMG_20190730_191925.jpg

Matt Wetzel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Unsure if your FSH is similar in the "top" part of the hull as my AR190.....BUT.....Here is the view from inside my rear starboard storage area. In this picture the rear bulkhead has been removed, by backing out two long lag screws. Once that bulkhead is out, you can clearly see where the cleat is mounted to the hull in the upper left quadrant of the picture. I'm 6'2" tall and 230lbs and can somewhat weasel my way back in there. I have to lead with my hands, once my shoulders are in, I can barely slide my hands over my chest to get them above/below my head. It's clearly a two man job, one to hold the cleat on the outside, and one to thread/tighten them from the inside. Use some loctite this time, and large washers.

View attachment 113780
Thanks, this is on my chore list for tomorrow. I'm trying to figure alternate ways to get under there as the FSH doesn't have that kind of access. I think if I had a two-year old it might work but that in itself is way more problematic.

cheers.
matt

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, this is on my chore list for tomorrow. I'm trying to figure alternate ways to get under there as the FSH doesn't have that kind of access. I think if I had a two-year old it might work but that in itself is way more problematic.

cheers.
matt
Good Luck!

I don't think I'd send my 2yr old, but my 8yr old has been FAR deeper into the boat than I have. Here he is in the front storage area taking a break while we were running stereo wires :D :D notice he has his knees up in front of him "sitting down" in there. Kids part Gumby I swear!

IMG_20190602_144554.jpg

Matt Wetzel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Update. Got my skinny son to fix the original loose cleat. This weekend the port side mid cleat was loose. Got it tightened up by sanding on my head shimmied up under the forward port hatch. What a pain in the ass.

Yamaha, for future boats, put the cleats in a more accessible place, put locktitle on the threads or give us an access port. Sheesh!